Can we make it a law that Stephanie Gilmore is the only person that wears a white wetsuit.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
It’s my right to wear a white wetsuit! This is government over reach! Biden can rip my white wetsuit off my cold dead buttcheeks.

• Haha
Reactions: brukuns

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Looks like low air temps in the morning are around 54f over there. I'd be on a full suit too.

Also, when your average water temps are around 60, maybe 72 feels quite warm. Not so when your average water temps hover around 80f. 72 actually feels a bit chilli when you first get in (not too bad of course).

I remember my first session back in Brazil after I was in LA for 6 months. water never got warmer that year in SoCal, it was still around 61f in June.

My first session in Brazil was in the middle of the winter here, overcast day, air temps around 64 (which is pretty cold for Guarujá)... water was around 68f... It felt like a fucking bathtub, I was trunking it while all my buddies were in full suits.

I was myself again after a couple of weeks though.

Water temps here are now around 72 too... with air temps around 65, I'm usually on my springsuit, always wondering if I should put on the full suit.

Water just never gets below 60 here... that's a whole different beast. numb feet, numb fingers. nope, scratch that... it's so cold it's not even numb, it actually hurts.
You can break in your body like a good pair of shoes and with stand cold or cooler temps with less rubber. Here in 805 I wear my 2mm short sleeve full as much as possible starting in Spring and shelf once h20 temps get 64+ for SS vest and trunks and then again Fall into as late December as I can handle. No tough guy here just love the freedom so I try to discipline my body and mind. Brukun's totally get it and seen it/lived it my self in Costa Rica on Caribbean coast.

Reactions: PRCD and brukuns