Calypte

Mar 21, 2010
delmarva, md
Anyone see the new torren martyn sailing/surf movie? I think there was a couple theater release dates but nothing yet on the web, except the trailer.

Firebird

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 5, 2010
OC
No to your question, but pretty interesting interview with him on Surf Splendor this week.

Reactions: jkb

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Just watched the whole movie. Such good photography, surfing and music. I especially liked the song during the underwater surfing sequence. A lot of things caught my eye but here's a couple I screen grabbed-

Screenshot 2023-12-04 at 8.48.36 PM.png

When this image flashed by I didn't understand what it was and had to go back and pause it. To anyone who's sailed at night you spend half your time looking at this view, the other half on the compass. On moonless nights the sea surface is pretty invisible. It's like space travel.

BTW, to those who sail, I doubt that boat has such tight pointing angles.

Next image- there is no better move in surfing than a soul arch stand up tube IMHO-

Screenshot 2023-12-04 at 9.20.54 PM.png

Mar 21, 2010
delmarva, md
sailing La vagabonde has a couple YouTube episodes on the boat. They ended up using it from torren while there trimaran was getting built and go more indepth on boat and performance. worth watching plus eleyna is easy on the eyes.

Reactions: Havoc and Woke AF

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I watched this last night on my TV and really enjoyed it. Great filming, music and overall vibe. Torren is such a great surfer his surfing never gets old.

I am in the habit of watching everything on my computer and I need to start watching more on my TV. Such a difference.