Calling the Glasser....

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
lol. I can see why that board perhaps took some time?

What's on the bottom? Kind of a shame to put wax on the deck.

Personally speaking, if I am backed up with orders, and I have a few problem boards that are going to take extra time and effort? Those wait until I have extra time for the extra effort. Sometimes you got to clear the decks which means knocking out as many of the easy ones as possible. It's better that one person is waiting on his labor intensive special than the 20 people that would be waiting for their straight-forward easily done boards. There have been times when I have had so many blanks delivered that all the racks were full and I have the floor stacked. To the point where I have had to cut boards to make a path to the bathroom and I'm making calls urging shapers to pick stuff up ASAP. At that point there is no pretense re first-in-first-out. Shortboards under 6'4" take precedence over the 10'6" with half a rainforest of multiple stringers/high density foam, T-bands etc etc. But that's just me, and I ain't the glasser.

Reactions: Chocki and kpd73

kpd73

Nep status
Apr 5, 2014
lol. I can see why that board perhaps took some time?

What's on the bottom? Kind of a shame to put wax on the deck.

Personally speaking, if I am backed up with orders, and I have a few problem boards that are going to take extra time and effort? Those wait until I have extra time for the extra effort. Sometimes you got to clear the decks which means knocking out as many of the easy ones as possible. It's better that one person is waiting on his labor intensive special than the 20 people that would be waiting for their straight-forward easily done boards. There have been times when I have had so many blanks delivered that all the racks were full and I have the floor stacked. To the point where I have had to cut boards to make a path to the bathroom and I'm making calls urging shapers to pick stuff up ASAP. At that point there is no pretense re first-in-first-out. Shortboards under 6'4" take precedence over the 10'6" with half a rainforest of multiple stringers/high density foam, T-bands etc etc.
That is the bottom

pre b5 runners and box

Reactions: Bman76

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
back in the good ol days i had a glasser that lived by me, i'd walk a shape over and sometimes it would be done the next day. $100 at the time with fcs.

waxurDyl

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 22, 2010
SoBay
Got a board- Bonzer - over at Studio 609 for over a month now....

Don't want to bother shaper - Malcolm - but would love just an update. My question is how frowned upon is shooting them - One - call/text/email on this?
Thanks

Oh, and Anyone with inside track at 609 please feel free to DM me here?

Dude in Rhode Island
You wanted an update on this board with its elaborate color request because it was there “for over a month now” and you wanted “an inside track”:shameonyou: - don’t be the kind of customer board builders don’t want to deal with

Last edited:

kpd73

Nep status
Apr 5, 2014
That makes more sense. My bad. More coffee. I can definitely see why that took extra time.
Oh absolutely. The whole point of the thread wasn't ever "Why is my board taking so long?!" but more "What say the Errb on update requests?"
It was not a small task and this snapshot has prevented at least a half dozen idiotic/low key gluttony YOLO's.
And this shot came from Malcolm not 609.
F@%&in rad job here though....
If you could see my crude as hell drawing of this, this is Unreal.

kpd73

Nep status
Apr 5, 2014
You wanted an update on this board with its elaborate color request because it was there “for over a month now” and you wanted “an inside track”:shameonyou: - don’t be the kind of customer board builders don’t want to deal with
See Above ^
And agree wholeheartedly with everything you said.
Walking away from this now.
Thanks all.