California Open Carry?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Replying to a district court decision on open carry with a story about a group of Karens mad at a Supreme Court decision on concealed carry….

:shrug:
holy fkn DUFFMAN

says the guy that posted links to 10 videos that were, at best, orthogonal to the inane point he was trying to make in other threads

if you bothered to read either the article or the decision, you would see that the common thread is the notion of tying contemporary gun legislation to that which was historically in place in the 1800's and, to wit, includes examples of open carry having been limited in the relevant timeframe quoted in OP's post

please try to keep up

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Replying to a district court decision on open carry with a story about a group of Karens mad at a Supreme Court decision on concealed carry….

The Constitution means what it says it means. We are supposed to all equally fall under the rule of laws, not unequally under the jackboots of tyrants.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
holy fkn DUFFMAN

says the guy that posted links to 10 videos that were, at best, orthogonal to the inane point he was trying to make in other threads

if you bothered to read either the article or the decision, you would see that the common thread is the notion of tying contemporary gun legislation to that which was historically in place in the 1800's and, to wit, includes examples of open carry having been limited in the relevant timeframe quoted in OP's post

please try to keep up
Open carry is stupid.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
agreed. it's creepy, (passive) aggressive, and dumb man-pageantry

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I waffled on that...they aren't overtly pointing the thing at you, they are just letting you know it's there
Yeah, I get that.

It's definately not signaling safety.

From what I have learned about the nervous system, we all need to be actively signaling safety to have a functioning society.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Open carry is overtly aggressive.
I think psychologically, people who feel the need to open carry have abnormally high amounts of fear and insecurity. Not the kind of people I prefer to be around.

Fortunately, it's extremely rare to see anyone open carry, at least in these parts.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
agreed. it's creepy, (passive) aggressive, and dumb man-pageantry
It’s inappropriate in most cases in the US. In rural areas where there’s a very real possibility of being attacked by wildlife it‘s not a problem but open carry at Whole Foods in santa Mónica is asshole.

I do however believe that people should ultimately have the right to do it.