CA Beach to be Returned to family it was Stolen from

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
So the local "news" didn't tell the whole story.

And the "alternative news" source shed some light on stuff from from a dubious overtly biased perspective.

Typical problem these days.:rolleyes:

Perhaps the only solution here is everyone involved gets a piece of the pie, regardless of race?

Looks like the Bruce family has justifiably carried this particular bitterness through the generations and they're the loudest voices. Can't say I blame them.

But this has me asking - what would it be like if the races were reversed? If it were a white family making noise about this?

I get the feeling they'd be told to pound sand.

RE: the GoFundMe thing - yes it's a dumb idea, but it's about time for people to start putting money where their mouth is.

I recently heard an interesting story - organization CEO sends out a woke company wide email wading into the George Floyd controversy - employee hits reply all and suggests naming one of the company buildings in memoriam of George Floyd. Employee is now untouchable and CEO looks like the phony douchebag he is.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Costa Rica still seen today racism against: Indigenous, Blacks, and Nicaraguans.
So if a black guy paddles out into the lineup in Costa Rica he gets told to go in - and because race?

That seems weird because the first people I think of when I think of Costa Rican surfing are two black guys - Gilbert Brown and Luis Angel.

I've even seen black guys sitting at the top of the pecking order in South Africa where blatant racism still persists.

In the water people DGAF about what color you are, they care about how you behave.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Have you also forgotten what this thread is based on?
Something that happened a hundred years ago.
Some would say Isreal and I would guess there are many smaller and less famous places that racism still exists, even in the surfing world.
Israel. Ok.

Who are the non-whites that the Israelis (who are also not white) stopping from surfing?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
So if a black guy paddles out into the lineup in Costa Rica he gets told to go in - and because race?

That seems weird because the first people I think of when I think of Costa Rican surfing are two black guys - Gilbert Brown and Luis Angel.

I've even seen black guys sitting at the top of the pecking order in South Africa where blatant racism still persists
I’ve been to CR a couple times and “black“ surfers were prevalent and welcome in the lineup everywhere.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I’ve been to CR a couple times and “black“ surfers were prevalent and welcome in the lineup everywhere.
I would add the same, anywhere where I've come across black surfers their race does not seem to be an issue in the lineup. No stares, no words, they are just surfing.

If they are putting on a clinic, yeah everyone stares.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Should see the amount of property taken by imminent domain for the highspeed rail in the Central Valley. It's insane.
they’re widening the 5 between La Jolla and Oceanside, adding 2 lanes to both directions.

the freeway just got a heck of a lot closer to a lot of peoples back yards, quite a few losing any resemblance of an easement from their fence/property line.

eminent domain is no joke. its funny to cackle at those impacted but at the same time, sucks when it happens to you.

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009

Negative not out in water or a least not when I lived on Caribbean coast pre Brown and bezt locals dark skin. Today Gilbert Brown no longer lives in PV sure visits now on Pacific coast and only real person still see is Kirk hotel PV. I am talking about on land but a few years ago (8) had incident at cocles with one guy in group of five or so who could not compete with others. I paddled peak North of crew alone and caught own left peak and dude dropped in on me twice and second time shot board at him and said a few words. He thought he was big local etc call him out on land in town and has crew with him ready to jump in on fight. I know fight style 4/5 on 1 happen to me early 90z when I lived in PV so I declined but still in my best Spanish told him what a puss he was.

• Haha
Reactions: JBerry

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
You should hear Janice Hahn carrying on about this...its like she did this to them herself

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
You should hear Janice Hahn carrying on about this...its like she did this to them herself
“This is a very small step towards what I think this whole country should be doing — and that is working to repair and to make amends with the African Americans in this country.”