Buying a Treadmill

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
trevorbc said:
Does anyone have anything constructive to add?
With that much snow, you are probably tired of having to use snowshoes, right?

In all cases, I advise used treadmill rather than buying new.

Best treadmill story comes from my early 20s:

Am at gym trying to stay fit during spring, alternating between rowing machine and exercise bike. Bikes are next to treadmills. Young woman saunters in, takes off track suit, has an Olympian miler bun hugger outfit on, starts to jog in place a for about 30 seconds, then hops onto the treadmill and starts sprinting. She keeps it going for about 5 minutes, and frankly after 30 seconds I was impressed..she was totally pounding it out, like a lion was after her. After the first 3 minutes I had stopped to watch...it was a display of athleticism that was hard to ignore. When she quit, she was drenched in sweat, drank water, then moved to the stretching area for a few minutes, which was in good view from the rowing machine :monkey: and then went back to the treadmill for another 5 minutes of sprinting. It felt too pervy to watch her again, so I stayed put and put my back into it for a while. I think I could have picked up a contact workout if I had watched her though.

Now, queue the laugh-track:

jts80

Legend (inyourownmind)
May 17, 2007
NJ
I'll try to help out even though I don't own a treadmill. For what it's worth below are Consumer Reports ratings from this month:

Non Folding: 1.) Landice L7 Cardio Trainer 2.) NordicTrack Elite 9700 3.) Pro Sole TT8
Folding: 1.) ProForm Pro 2000 2.) Spirit XT485 3.) NordicTrack C1650
Budget Folding: 1.) NordicTrack C970 Pro 2.) Xterra Trail Racer 6.6 3.) ProForm Sport 7.0