Bummed Ears from surfing

Geopac

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 28, 2003
Ballast Point
When you guys say keep my ears totaly dry, does that mean when i take a shower i should be wearing my ear plugs also? The Doc told me to always wear them, but he only mentioned in the ocean, nothing about the shower.

SurfDoc

Michael Peterson status
Dec 19, 2002
ex-pat Huntington Beach
Visit site
Hoods do help.
I personally like Doc's ProPlugs the best and they'll run you about $8.
Some people like foam plugs, others like wax.
Lots of options, just find one you can tolerate.
It only takes a couple of sessions to get used to them.

ch0mp

OTF status
Jun 26, 2003
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by LeeD:
<strong>Hey GP
If you go with Doc plugs, like I do, make sure they fit really well (there are like 4 sizes or so), and also make surf the leash keeps them around when you push thru 7'+ waves. Then make sure you put them back on.
The concept is to keep the inner ear warm, by keeping the wind out. The little holes allow hearing, so you can talk to your buds. Wet doesn't matter as much, unless you are ready for an ear infection already.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">lee where can i get Doc plugs?

LeeD

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jun 26, 2003
Berkeley,CA
Hi
Any good surfshop, or online surfshops, but you can't really try them on. FIT is of utmost importance, for comfort, for keeping your inner ear warm.