brukuns does SoCal - September

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
I am not going to be home much in October. I am on the east coast for half of October. What are your dates again?

Reactions: brukuns

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I am not going to be home much in October. I am on the east coast for half of October. What are your dates again?
It's gonna be September:

Near LAX (Hawthorne) - 13 - 17

Newport Beach - 17 - 20

San Diego (near La Jolla) - 20 - 24

Near LAX (Hawthorne) - 24-26

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
I get back from a short trip sept 20. If you are staying near la jolla lets surf the 22nd and 23rd. Even if its a beachbreak like Scripps. Quick dawn patrol. I got a board for you. Might only need a 2 mil top and trunks.

• Love

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
I need someone that wants to surf Mugu this season. Split a room one or even 2 nights. Its hard to coordinate schedules and I have a 3 day weekend twice a month. Sometimes off Fri. Sometimes Mon. If I surf there Friday morning I leave Chula at 330 to get through LA.
QUEEEEE????????

Dude...let me know. Life gets in the wya...but thats a mission im game with.
kist think of the thread opportunities...."MY NIGHT WITH GBG"

Reactions: gbg

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
20W, I will keep you in mind. Even if you just drove up for the day. My work and travel schedule just aren't gonna leave many weekends free this season.

Brukuns, just let me take that pretty little wife of yours to a winery. You can baby sit. :jamon:
No but seriously, should meet up for dinner/sunset somewhere too. Lots of kid friendly places near the beach.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
20W, I will keep you in mind. Even if you just drove up for the day. My work and travel schedule just aren't gonna leave many weekends free this season.

Brukuns, just let me take that pretty little wife of yours to a winery. You can baby sit. :jamon:
No but seriously, should meet up for dinner/sunset somewhere too. Lots of kid friendly places near the beach.
Hold on there Robert Redford. I didn't see any indecent proposal yet. Keep in mind 1 million dollars is not the same as it was in 1993, so you're gonna have to reach deep into those pockets!!

are any of those kid friendly places also brokie friendly? Asking for a friend. That sounds great btw

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Nice surprise just happened. My sister and her husband (my whisky friend) found a crazy deal on a direct flight to LA and they got it... just 1 week but still. They arrive in LA on the morning of the 15th and they're bringing my niece who's younger than my son but he loves her because she's always into whatever he wants to do.

So I'll probably hang with them (and show them around) on the 15th and the 16th, have dinner with them on the 16th as it's my sister's birthday... my kid will love that my niece is gonna be there even for a couple days. On the 17th I leave to Newport and although they haven't decided anything yet they'll probably do Vegas so that's probably gonna be it. I wish they stuck around to take the kids to Disney together but I get it, I would want to visit Vegas too if I had never been before. and doing the Big Sur with just a week is a bit too much (Vegas too but way more manageable).

This just happened and the story is still developing. But I'm too stocked, always wanted to show my home away from home to my family.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
...find a few hours to burn when you are in newport and let me know. im only a few minutes away. we're drinking steel.
Oh, you meant during the trip. I kinda meant RIGHT NOW!

"Drinking steel"??

But being honest, I may be able to escape a bit for a surf, but not for a drink... wife would murder me.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Children have no business at Disneyland. They can't even do hallucinogens, the entire experience is lost on them.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
let us know for LJ dates once they seem to be final.

if I’m around I’ll try to remember to shoot you a DM.