Broken thumb??

RIsurfer

OTF status
Jan 7, 2003
CT/RI
how can you tell if you have a broken thumb, yesterday i hit it against a basketball real hard, and it was hurting, then today i did that same thing and its really hurting now, its a little swollen and it hurts like hell to move it, and whenever i straighten it out then try to bend it at the knuckle it resists and i have to try and bend it hard until it finaly pops or sumthing and bends, it hurts....what should i do, is it broken?

RIsurfer

OTF status
Jan 7, 2003
CT/RI
also some idiot opned a door on my big toe, that hurt yes, but now under my nail is all black and blue it looks gross and i hate wearing sandels with it, its been there since october and it hasnt gone away yet, how do i get rid of it, i think its dry blood?

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RIsurfer:
<strong>how can you tell if you have a broken thumb, yesterday i hit it against a basketball real hard, and it was hurting, then today i did that same thing and its really hurting now, its a little swollen and it hurts like hell to move it, and whenever i straighten it out then try to bend it at the knuckle it resists and i have to try and bend it hard until it finaly pops or sumthing and bends, it hurts....what should i do, is it broken?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ice it. rest it. put it in a splint.
only X-Rays can tell if it's broken.

[ February 20, 2003, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: studog ]