Brawling

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
How many you have gotten into full blown fist fights as adults?

What were the circumstances and consequences?

I never have. I think the last fight I was in was in 7th grade.

I have a friend who joined the Coast Guard (was stationed at the Columbia River and eventually got discharged because of injuries he sustained surfing a certain left point break in the vicinity) and he told me he and his mates would go out and deliberately try to start fights at bars. For fun.

Just wondering...

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
After the 3rd time I got snaked at K38, I surfed up behind the long haired Mexican guy and yanked him off his board by his hair and smashed his zitty fucking face. Waist deep water ass kicking. Paddled in and waited for him on the beach. Him and his buddy were skeert.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
After the 3rd time I got snaked at K38, I surfed up behind the long haired Mexican guy and yanked him off his board by his hair and smashed his zitty fucking face. Waist deep water ass kicking. Paddled in and waited for him on the beach. Him and his buddy were skeert.
You do realized he was the local, right?

Reactions: CutnSnip

jbd

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2002
JAX BCH FLA.
jaxbeachgallery.blogspot.com
How many you have gotten into full blown fist fights as adults?

What were the circumstances and consequences?

I never have. I think the last fight I was in was in 7th grade.

I have a friend who joined the Coast Guard (was stationed at the Columbia River and eventually got discharged because of injuries he sustained surfing a certain left point break in the vicinity) and he told me he and his mates would go out and deliberately try to start fights at bars. For fun.

Just wondering...
I use to fight AAU boxing, and Karate tourneys from about 9 to mid 30s. So many I can't even count them, Won AAU Karate State, Regional, and National Championship in 95'

In HS I ran around with a bunch of guys in ATL (one world ed knows them I bet) that liked to look for fights and had quite the rep for fighting. I tried to avoid fights, only fought in defense....never offense.

Last "out of a ring" real world fight I was probably 25 (52 now)
Some drunk almost ran over my buddy and his pregnant wife one night. He stumbled out of the car and proceeded to call my buddy and his wife the "N" word talking a bunch of crap.
My buddy had a broken leg at the time and was on crutches, and the guy was still trying to fight him. my buddy wasn't backing down. I got in the middle and tried to break it up and the guy sucker punched me and I beat the living $hit out of him. Left him laying on the ground (didn't finish him off although I wanted to) and walked away. That was the end of that. Saw him a few days later with a broken nose and two black eyes and he didn't even know who I was. That's how drunk he must have been......driving btw.

I try to avoid fighting at all cost UNLESS you hit or swing on me....then no promises what happens next. I don't go out to bars or anything where I may run into idiots looking to fight. I still Box and spare as much as I can with my two boys. But brawls are avoided. People are too wussy to fight now a days, they just want to shoot you now.

And as far as guys like your buddy, If you go out looking for fights you will eventually run into someone that knows how to fight a lot better than you and you will get your a$$ beat. Especially if you are drinking and they aren't.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
I was walking down State St, I think on Halloween 1 year and suddenly felt something around my ankle and I hit the ground. I looked over my shoulder and there the idiot sitting on the planter. He thought it would be fun to grab my ankle, "Because I felt like it" was his reply when I asked why he did it, so I palmed him in the face. That made him mad, so he got up and started throwing wild punches and a crowd formed around us. I saw a cop running towards us from across the street, so I split into the crowd and he got tackled and I assume arrested. I didn't stick around to answer questions or get arrested myself. That was quite a few years ago.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
It's probably been like 12yrs. Drunk guy at a party my then-gf was having. Was already fighting with the gf because she was up to her ears in blow and I was in a sour mood. Had to kick this drunk hipster fuck out multiple times. Third time I was showing him the door he threw a wild haymaker at me and I didn't even dodge it, he missed by a mile and I just countered with a series of lefts and rights to his face without even thinking. All of my anger with the coked up gf got unloaded on him. Two of her friends that were marines grabbed us both and pushed us through the front door out on the streets where I got the best of him. Not sure he landed a proper punch. A few weeks later I ended up at a brunch with his GF that I didn't recognize and got to have the awkward conversation about how I kicked her BF's ass.

fishtank

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 20, 2010
I try to avoid fighting at all cost UNLESS you hit or swing on me....then no promises what happens next. I don't go out to bars or anything where I may run into idiots looking to fight. I still Box and spare as much as I can with my two boys. But brawls are avoided. People are too wussy to fight now a days, they just want to shoot you now.
Feel the same way, just not worth it. Most people who've trained a bit have a similar mindset. (y)
I've personally gotten into a few tussles in the surf, bashed one guys head in because he attacked me. Ended up damaging my own hand in the process, making it tough to surf without pain for a while. Now I would rather bitch out than have the same thing happen again.

Last edited:
Reactions: jbd

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
It's probably been like 12yrs. Drunk guy at a party my then-gf was having. Was already fighting with the gf because she was up to her ears in blow and I was in a sour mood. Had to kick this drunk hipster fook out multiple times. Third time I was showing him the door he threw a wild haymaker at me and I didn't even dodge it, he missed by a mile and I just countered with a series of lefts and rights to his face without even thinking. All of my anger with the coked up gf got unloaded on him. Two of her friends that were marines grabbed us both and pushed us through the front door out on the streets where I got the best of him. Not sure he landed a proper punch. A few weeks later I ended up at a brunch with his GF that I didn't recognize and got to have the awkward conversation about how I kicked her BF's ass.
What, now warning shot across the bow first? :confused:

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
I got jumped by a vato one night walking home. I didn't see him (like the one above) and he cold cocked me in the temple. Maybe he was trying to play the knockout game:D. I saw that little shorty puto with his buddies as I went down and was asleep for a brief moment but could feel him kicking my face, ribs, head, etc. before I managed to get up and run like a starving Hatian to a buffet line, and ended up bleeding out of my ears, had a shiner the next day and lots of bruises. :shaka:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
22 dirt road of Carribean side of CR kicking this guys ass then suddenly having my shirt lifted over head from behind and getting jumped by two. I got a smack down but worse I broke my right hand (small bone under pinky) hitting the guy in face. Even worse or almost guy I was kicking his ass grabbed huge rock while other two kicked and hit me on ground. Lucky my wifes bravismo dad came out with huge machette and stopped him from unloading the rock on my face. First and last time seen dude grab my balls to defend himself. I do not care how hard I am getting my ass kicked no ball grabbing for me.

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
Personally no - not since about the 8th grade. That includes being a young Californian haole living on Oahu in the late seventies. I was fortunate that local hawaiian guys i worked with in a restaurant in Waikiki took me in as their token haole - whenever we surfed together - no one hassled me - although the few times they took me over to the west side - Makaka etc - i refused to get out of the truck! LOL I did used to work with a guy who was buddies with Chuck Norris growing up - and had some interesting stories of going into bars with him looking to get into a fight.

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
you got very lucky it didnt go the way wrong direction.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
you got very lucky it didnt go the way wrong direction.
Yea. Not smart at all. But I grew up in a violent environment. Gnarly bloody fights with my older brother. Dad's ass whippings. I deserved them. I fought 2 guys regularly all through school. I got in a fight at least once a week. I was sick of these two asshats.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I was on a surf trip in Mexico and some surfer chick squared off on me like she wanted to fight. (Long story.)

I so wanted to punch her in the face but I turned and walked away.

Probably what she was relying on with her act of unwarranted aggression.

I still remember seeing the spot in her face where I would put my fist through her head, the aftertoon light, the palm trees, the sounds of the waves crashing on the beach.

--girl fighter out!.

Reactions: afoaf and gbg

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Learned my lesson fighting 5 guys in Germany. Best to run away if possible.