Booties for the low volume foot. Dipped boots?

surfwhere

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 5, 2008
Norf Cackalacka
Visit site
Dipped boots may do a better job. For boots that have good length but feel too wide or blow up you can wrap them not quite tight with duct tape a couple times around the wide part of your foot. Usually do this with half the width of the tape roll. They won't blow up like they were and you can still take them on and off if done right. They'll last a long time that way without having to re-tape.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
My experience with dipped boots was not good. They seemed very fragile. Maybe not an issue for everyone but I have to hike down trails and across reefs to get to some spots. I probably have a low volume foot as well and I usually go down a size depending on the brand. Xcel makes half sizes in some boots so i go 10.5 which are snug but not painful and break in nicely.

nimby

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 15, 2011
Hotline booties with the forefoot strap..actually any booties with a decent forefoot strap will take up the 'slack.'

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I always figured booties just have to be fresh.

Once the elasticity of the neoprene goes they all ballon up.

YakAk

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 22, 2010
Try Sollite, they have custom fit booties. Add boiling hot water, rinse, then wear for a few minutes while they conform to your feet. I love my three pairs.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Try Sollite, they have custom fit booties. Add boiling hot water, rinse, then wear for a few minutes while they conform to your feet. I love my three pairs.
I did.

Pre hot water, one size down had my big toe scrunching - was told this should not be the case

And my normal shoe size was like a normal boot.

I prob need a half size and they don't make em.

Reactions: YakAk

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Any boot with velcro straps across the foot should do it.

Had a similar experience with the Solites, sized down as recommended and did the hot water molding and they scrunched my toes and had to give them to a friend. Seemed like nice boots but not going to drop another $120 on a pair.

Those Oneill Ninjas were the least warm booties I've ever worn. You might as well not wear booties for all the warmth they provide.