Booties and gloves thread

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
This question is only for the core bros (like me) that wear booties year round. Only core bros can continue reading:

Any of you core bros use a boot drier for your booties?

I'm thinking of getting one. Seems like I'm always stepping into soggy, smelly booties and they never dry out.

If so, did you just get a cheap one or do you suggest a better one?

Is it ok to put your booties on them with water dripping all over the boot drier or is it suggested you drip dry them first and then put them on the boot drier.

Some booty for your troubles:

1580068542400.png

kpd73

Nep status
Apr 5, 2014
Booties 8 months out of the year.

So core I actually have a winterized leash string and a Rinse Kit filled with anti freeze.

Bootie dryers do really work and fast...but the secret to them, and suit drying stuff in general is this.

Throw down a giant beach towel likes it the beginning of the cycle buts you still gots have to have it, and lay your wetsuit down flat, booties in the bottom, gloves up top, and slowly Roll up the whole thing, squeezing as you go until you have a giant, uh...well, a giant rolled up wetsuit gear burrito.
Now squeeze both ends together towards each other and unroll. Repeat if you want, but point is you just cut your drying time in half- Easily.
Put glove and booties on dryer, wetsuit wherever. I usually take down the No Kooks! flag that flies from the bed of my Quigley-ed out Honda Truxedo- Fu- KING CORE! - and replace it with my wetsuit for the ride home.
Double park outside local coffee shop and slip the girl an extra 5 sheet to let me stick my dome under the espresso machine and just let it pour straight into my mouth.
*slow whisper- coooore

Gotta go, this ain't even my laptop...some dude just left his open and I logged on.
Wrote "Core" in the foam of his cappucino whilst he was in the hopper.

Out!

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Your wife has a nice juicy ass, just my type. Any chance we can develop a "cuckold" kind of relationship?

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Using Rip Curl Ebomb. No complaints. I want booties that pass the rock test: If I step on a rock while wearing booties, it should hurt. If it does not, then the booties will not be sensitive enough for surfing.

Reactions: VonMeister

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Booties 8 months out of the year.

So core I actually have a winterized leash string and a Rinse Kit filled with anti freeze.

Bootie dryers do really work and fast...but the secret to them, and suit drying stuff in general is this.

Throw down a giant beach towel likes it the beginning of the cycle buts you still gots have to have it, and lay your wetsuit down flat, booties in the bottom, gloves up top, and slowly Roll up the whole thing, squeezing as you go until you have a giant, uh...well, a giant rolled up wetsuit gear burrito.
Now squeeze both ends together towards each other and unroll. Repeat if you want, but point is you just cut your drying time in half- Easily.
Put glove and booties on dryer, wetsuit wherever. I usually take down the No Kooks! flag that flies from the bed of my Quigley-ed out Honda Truxedo- Fu- KING CORE! - and replace it with my wetsuit for the ride home.
Double park outside local coffee shop and slip the girl an extra 5 sheet to let me stick my dome under the espresso machine and just let it pour straight into my mouth.
*slow whisper- coooore

Gotta go, this ain't even my laptop...some dude just left his open and I logged on.
Wrote "Core" in the foam of his cappucino whilst he was in the hopper.

Out!
Now this bro is core.

You other bros could take a lesson.

I mean, how many of you have commandeered a strangers computer to post on the erBB? Core.

Thanks for the towel tip! Solid suggestion :shaka:

Reactions: deforestcooper

surfwhere

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 5, 2008
Norf Cackalacka
Visit site
I start to wear gloves when it's cold air and water 55 or less. Warm out and water over 52 I probably won't wear gloves. These are my gloves for down to 50 deg water to slightly less. Feel like golf gloves. Water barely gets in but not through the gloves, comes down sleeve of 5/4 suit. Hands get cold from the air over time more than the water. Its weird cause you can feel the cold water but your hands aren't getting wet. I treat them delicately when going on/off but now into my second season of light wearing. I normally wear Ms and have M/L in these. Way better than the Kenai gloves. I've had many pairs of those. Camaro 1.0 mil seamless waterproof https://www.amazon.com/Camaro-Titanium-Seamless-Waterproof-Glove/dp/B00BYP8UZW
91Zr9eeh-nL._SL1500_.jpg

ZeeHawk

OTF status
Apr 13, 2018
Big Asian Island
This question is only for the core bros (like me) that wear booties year round. Only core bros can continue reading:
Any of you core bros use a boot drier for your booties?
I use boots and gloves from November through March and with the cold temps, if you leave things out nothing really dries. And maybe worse, gets rank. This fall I made a drier with a small-ish ventilation fan. Has 4 pipes to put the gloves and boots on and then a hose that goes into the wetsuit overnight. It's been a huge success with 100% dry boots, gloves, and suit everyday. Cost about $50 total for all the parts.

Reactions: jkb

daave

Gerry Lopez status
Dec 28, 2002
The dryer helps a lot. I have one of the cheapish ski boot/glove dryers.

jkb- I think it’s better to let them drip for a little while - my dryer doesn’t have anything to catch the water and not sure I’d want to leave an electrical appliance in a tub with the water dripping out. So not necessarily a quick solution but as others have said, helps a ton with managing smell. And I no longer have that feeling of putting on boots that are still damp from a week ago

SeaFoamGreen

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 10, 2009
NorOR
I switch between 7 mill split toe Hotlines and 5 mill split toe Xcel Drylocks. Pretty much a split toe guy even though round is warmer. Just what I've always used and what I am use to. Anyways Hotlines are the only 7 mill split toe I know of. Their kinda like the work boot of booties and will last longer than your wetsuit will. Decent enough board feel for a stupid thick booty, super comfy, and tough enough to stand up to barnacles the size of Dolly Partons nips. Xcel Drylocks are lighter thinner and have better board feel, yet when it drops in the high 40's just not warm enough.

Always worn 1.5 mills here in PNW. They all seem about the same, but the older Oneill Psyco's with the gripy stuff all over have been the best I have ever had. Unfortunately they switched to the TechnoBoomBoombutter rubber, which is great for wetsuits but seems to soft for gloves and booties and tear easily with the slightest contact with barnacles.

Last edited:

surfer57

Michael Peterson status
Oct 5, 2007
NJ
Just got in a session with the Patagonia Yulex 3 finger gloves. Nice and warm, granted it was 55 degree air and the water temps haven't bottomed out here. Still my go to glove, this is my 3rd set.

Also as far as drying boots and gloves, if you have forced air with floor vents just create a box, I used azek, attach some PVC with holes drilled in it. I added a T with smaller diameter for gloves too. Usually let them dry a bit in the tub then put them on there and they're dry next day.