Bonzer eggs?

scooch

Nep status
Jun 14, 2013
Ventura surf shop has a ton of really nice looking bonzers for local yoloing…
Indeed. Been back to the used room 3 times in the past 2 weeks to fondle a used 6'4 Stretch 3 fin eggy bonzer with what looks like a AO bottom and e-wings. I just cant get myself to pull the trigger on it for $695, but at the same time I cant get it out of my mind! Anybody have any experience with a Stretch shaped bonzer? I posted the old beat up speed egg above. Had to do it under a different account cuz I cant log in on my phone with this account for some reason. Theres a few nice Bonzers in the used room at VSS right now. Ill be posting a 6'2 Octafish some time this week to sell.

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
just picked up a used 7' CB 5 fin Egg. Have ridden it twice--once in head high reef break and again yesterday in waist-chest (mostly waist) high reef break. fucked pretty hard in both. has exceptional glide into the bigger waves and a very strudy, reliable feel in critical spots. You can set your rail and angle it easily in later drops. The differences between it and other mids and mid fishes i've ridden are -- easy transition onto rail, ability to go more vertical to the lip, tighter turning radius and the ability to ride high in the pocket for the 5th gear. Even in the smaller stuff, I was able to put push it harder to the lip and bring it around much tighter. had as much paddle-ability as anything else in that range that i've ridden. has a little more rocker/flip in the nose, but pretty flattish through the middle and blends well into a good wave catcher that can actually turn. 7/7, highly recommend.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Board was fun but felt a tiny bit off yesterday, moved the fin back maybe 1/8 of inch and it felt perfect today.
This is going to be an addictive board, feels like I am cheating almost.

Why did I wait so long before getting a B5 back in the quiver haha

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
What happened? Disaster!

Looks like side impact. Did you slip on the boulders?

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Understandably so.

Worst feeling with a new board, but go straight to Malcolm and ask whom he'd recommend to fix it (if you don't know a great ding guy), and get it sorted.

Best of luck, bro.

Last edited:
Reactions: santacruzin

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
For a bit consolation, here's how bad a Bonzer can look. My homemade 6'2 after 15 years of hard yakka, with two fins knocked out etc.

Reactions: santacruzin