Bonzer eggs?

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
1711137865942.jpeg

Ghosts. I miss him. RIP brother.

That does look like more than stock rocker. By a lot. Malcolm sometimes gives me custom rocker, or outline numbers to hit. I save the file with the customers name on it and they get their custom but it doesn't get thrown back in with the stock rocker/outline files. For that matter, Malcolm could have hand shaped it from scratch.

Anyway, I have a 7'6" e-wing egg that is out in the truck right now. Clear. The lams are even the same.

I didn't know that story was still up. I may have to read it one of these days. This caught me by surprise. Lump in the throat. Sometimes I'll see someone walking around the neighborhood and just for a second, from behind, it looks like Shrimpo. From 30 years ago. Then I remember.

Last edited:

money4coffeeman

Gerry Lopez status
Mar 31, 2005
View attachment 175892

Ghosts. I miss him. RIP brother.

That does look like more than stock rocker. By a lot. Malcolm sometimes gives me custom rocker, or outline numbers to hit. I save the file with the customers name on it and they get their custom but it doesn't get thrown back in with the stocker rocker/outline files. For that matter, Malcolm could have hand shaped it from scratch.

Anyway, I have a 7'6" e wing egg that is out in the truck right now. Clear. The lams are even the same.

I didn't know that story was still up. I may have to read it sometime.
I wanna say it was on a "blog" of theirs. Or maybe Duncan's.
Great read!

I'll pack and send this board to you for analysis.... when it dies! (Could be a while)

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Hey, it could be I just fvcked one up somehow and it worked out?

That's been known to happen. Doubtful with Malcolm however. He'd have brought that one back to me if I'd made a boo boo. :roflmao:

This made my day actually. Thanks.

I used to spar with Shrimpo every now and then. One day I noticed that he had a facial tick before he launched a long range attack. The mean face. So I figured out if I really needed to nail him, I would just keep the gap ever so slightly too big. Just work right on the edge of outside distance. Eventually he'd get frustrated and launch this long distance attack. But the mean face always came first. So keep the gap slightly too large, wait for the mean face and throw something straight that he would run right into. I always meant to tell him. Never did though.

Last edited:

money4coffeeman

Gerry Lopez status
Mar 31, 2005
Hey, it could be I just fvcked one up somehow and it worked out?

That's been known to happen. Doubtful with Malcolm however. He'd have brought that one back to me if I'd made a boo boo. :roflmao:

This made my day actually. Thanks.
This doesn't feel like a fuck up (I know one when I see one.. I think.. haha).
I just assumed shrimpo said "make me an egg for big low tide Rincon or nard " or something.
Weirdly I once bought a 2nd hand e wing super pin tail egg made for North shore oahu, from a friend there, and I didn't click with it. Had much flatter rocker than even a standard Malcom egg.
This shrimpo egg is the one!!

money4coffeeman

Gerry Lopez status
Mar 31, 2005
This is another current favorite.
Standard OTR 7'0 speed egg from ventura surf shop. Has a triple stringer which is cool and different for a stock.
(Maybe it was a f-up Sharky?? Haha).
I saw it in the background of one of their insta posts about 5+(?) Years ago (check the price tag). Called up and yolo'd it and they boxed and dolly sent it to me I think.
Super loose and fast and fun20210919_210026.jpg

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
This thread is great. Thanks for sharing guys. A rockered out egg looks so fun for bigger surf!
Ventura surf shop always has so many great yolo options! dangerous place for me to stop after a post surf beer.

Reactions: money4coffeeman

money4coffeeman

Gerry Lopez status
Mar 31, 2005
Ok last of todays egg drops (soups).
Was cleaning out my storage unit for work and guy across from me is in deep in his unit, packing sh!t up. I see a few oldies but goodie boards in there and chat him up. He's getting divorced, moving, etc.
I lightened his load and took this and an old Larmo fish home:)20220309_123744.jpg