Boardroom 23’

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I’m Frothin to ride one!. This is will be the first 2 3/8 board I’ve ridden in a while. I’m usually in the 2 1/4 to 2 5/16 range… but this board has a knifey rail.

Reactions: waxfoot

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
Slater designs hasn’t had a good run without Tomo. Kinda like Jack white needs Meg. Gamma, flat earth, no brainer, frk. I’m sure some people loved them but not universal. Hopefully this one is fun.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
I’m Frothin to ride one!. This is will be the first 2 3/8 board I’ve ridden in a while. I’m usually in the 2 1/4 to 2 5/16 range… but this board has a knifey rail.
If that's the case, then I think the 5.11's going to hit the spot for me.

Slater designs hasn’t had a good run without Tomo. Kinda like Jack white needs Meg. Gamma, flat earth, no brainer, frk. I’m sure some people loved them but not universal. Hopefully this one is fun.
The flat earth was / is great, just isn't the board the unwashed masses thought it is. It's a performance board.

Reactions: ReForest

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Totally agree!
I was recently invited to a little private event last week were Chris Grow was interviewing Kelly about the Great White. I had an opportunity to speak with Slater and i told him "you should do another board with Tomo". hahaha. I figured... why not. I also told Trav Lee from Slater Designs that it would be cool if Kelly did another model with Tomo. Trav said something is in the works, but its always up to Kelly and whatever direction he decides to go. Hopefully Slates will colab with Tomo again soon.

If that's the case, then I think the 5.11's going to hit the spot for me.

The flat earth was / is great, just isn't the board the unwashed masses thought it is. It's a performance board.
At the event a guy in the crowd asked Kelly "how is the great white different from the flat earth". Kelly basically said the flat earth was designed for weaker waves and the great white is designed for good waves. He mentioned how he rode the Woo Great White at Pipe in 2020 or 2021. I think thats why it has a knifey rail. Idk... I guess we'll have to wait and see Wooly's review or Salsa's review. haha.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
At the event a guy in the crowd asked Kelly "how is the great white different from the flat earth". Kelly basically said the flat earth was designed for weaker waves and the great white is designed for good waves. He mentioned how he rode the Woo Great White at Pipe in 2020 or 2021. I think thats why it has a knifey rail. Idk... I guess we'll have to wait and see Wooly's review or Salsa's review. haha.
Kelly's scale of "weak" to "good" waves is probably pretty unrelatable to most of us

Reactions: SD_Dan and menobrah

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
I'm chugging this one for sure - went to fondle one over lunch and placed an order for the 5.11.

• Love
Reactions: ReForest

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I'm on the koolaid for this one too! I've been on a twinny kick lately and this thing looks pretty epic. Albeit, I do think narrow-tailed twin fins don't carry as much speed as a wider tailed twin, but still very interested. I'm planning on testing one out at the DEMOFEST tomorrow at Seaside. I will give a ride report... just for Waxy-poo. lol.

• Love
Reactions: waxfoot

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Totally agree!
I was recently invited to a little private event last week were Chris Grow was interviewing Kelly about the Great White. I had an opportunity to speak with Slater and i told him "you should do another board with Tomo". hahaha. I figured... why not. I also told Trav Lee from Slater Designs that it would be cool if Kelly did another model with Tomo. Trav said something is in the works, but its always up to Kelly and whatever direction he decides to go. Hopefully Slates will colab with Tomo again soon.

How did Slater's hip look?

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
I'm on the koolaid for this one too! I've been on a twinny kick lately and this thing looks pretty epic. Albeit, I do think narrow-tailed twin fins don't carry as much speed as a wider tailed twin, but still very interested. I'm planning on testing one out at the DEMOFEST tomorrow at Seaside. I will give a ride report... just for Waxy-poo. lol.
hope your wetsuit isn't too tight for you to surf it properly :p

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Are "joggers" the worst thing to happen to men?

I mean jorts and cargo-jorts are bad, but joggers?! It's like, "I bet I'm going to look super tough wearing my wife's sweat pants!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: F**k me. That felt like a casa post. :bricks:

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I can get past the joggers. Kelly choice of footwear always gets me. haha.
I understand he has a previous injury to his foot and he is going for comfort over fashion... but i've always been a shoe guy. I think he'd look much better in a pair of slip on Vans. haha.