Black Minneapolis cop shoots unarmed white lady, rioting ensues

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
(wait, no rioting)
(He only got 12.5 years on a 3rd degree murder conviction)

(someone has DIED)

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
He was also arrested, tried, and convicted. See the difference?
It took them months to charge him. There was a real question as to whether he was going to be charged at all. The Australian Prime Minister had to put pressure on the case and the Feds had to get involved:

The latest thing is just par for the course in Minneapolis, a liberal city.

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
He was also arrested, tried, and convicted. See the difference?
Dumb. There hasn't yet been an opportunity to formally charge the latest idiot cop, but rioting has ensued anyway. Trust me, he will be charged and convicted for what he did.

See the difference moran?

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
The Minneapolis prosecutor now claims that interactions between the initial confrontation video and the death video may justify not filing charges.

This prosecution claim makes me think that this time the left might be right, that we might be looking at systemic racism.

Our legal system has a solid principle called the eggshell skull rule.

It says the system must accept the conditions of people, and rule on cases, as people are, and not as one might assume an average person to be.

The killing video clearly depicts Floyd, under the officer’s knee, saying that he can’t breathe. Regardless of anything else this tells us that for THIS person the force being applied is probably too excessive.

As the arrestee passed out and remained motionless onlookers repeated the arrestee’s pleas and pointed out the arrestee’s unconscious condition. Still the officer refused to even pay attention.

At the point of having the defendant handcuffed on his face it doesn’t matter what ensued in the lead-up confrontation. The defendant’s fate was completely under the officer’s control. His outcome was the officer’s responsibility.

The law will adjudicate the excessive-ness of force as it applies to THIS arrestee, and not to the excessive-ness needed for any hypothetical average arrestee. If the local prosecutor can't bring himself to place this case into court then he should be overridden.

Edit: Chauvin has been charged with murder, so systemic racism is off the table.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ifallalot

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Remember when they beat the sh!t out of Rodney King? Remember when they choked out Eric Garner?

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
The Noor case to me seemed like an example of the generic definition of manslaughter. He thought he was under attack, overreacted and shot a bystander. Basically a mistake on his part, not a crime that he intended to commit. I think probably most of the bad shootings are the results of mistakes, sometimes avoidable under the circumstances and sometimes not.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Dumb. There hasn't yet been an opportunity to formally charge the latest idiot cop, but rioting has ensued anyway. Trust me, he will be charged and convicted for what he did.

See the difference moran?

well then the Minneapolis PD is stupid and needs to hire a new PR firm. They were stupid not to make a deal with thug cops and make a "show arrest" just to keep the peace.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
That's one way to send all the better qualified applicants to other agencies so that your agency only ends up with the dregs. I predict the city of Minneapolis is going to have a tougher time with retention from this point forward.

"Hands Up, Don't Shoot" looked like a thing for a while. Until it was proven to be a lie against all indications to the contrary in the press.

Last edited:

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
I agree with the left that this was murder. The officer has been charged with murder. Just as strongly I think that the rioting, looting and burning are separate criminal acts. I just can't understand how rational people could say otherwise.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
It's weird how people personalize this stuff.

I feel nothing.

I think Darpa needs to work on non lethal restraints and self defense tech.

Humans are fallible.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
It's weird how people personalize this stuff.

I feel nothing.

I think Darpa needs to work on non lethal restraints and self defense tech.

Humans are fallible.
It's called lifting weights and judo or the jits. No multi-billion dollar program needed.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
That is what you do if you want to kill people.

Most of these weapons with big apertures are unsuitable for most police work. The smaller stuff still needs to be carried and it's hard to reach for the right thing when your adrenaline is pumping. I can tell you have no experience with this sort of thing or with violence.