Black Friday Surf Deals?

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
What is this sorcery?
She saw the money change hands on my Pyzel/XTR Astro Pop last Saturday and is well ware after 20 years together, that I already had a replacement board picked out. I think she was happy the new one was less than a $100 (including tax) on top of what I got for the Pyzel.

Reactions: sdsrfr

Lohena

OTF status
Oct 30, 2019
I'm thinking about the HS grim reaper Misc. Don't have the funds now, but I need a groveller, although I've never ridden a twin. That art is so sick, hard to pass up. I use front traction so no worries about black color. Also interested in the Merlot, but it's not being offered. Misc. is probably more what I need anyway as I suck in weak waves.

Can anybody talk me out of it??????

• Haha
Reactions: racer1

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I'm thinking about the HS grim reaper Misc. Don't have the funds now, but I need a groveller, although I've never ridden a twin. That art is so sick, hard to pass up. I use front traction so no worries about black color. Also interested in the Merlot, but it's not being offered. Misc. is probably more what I need anyway as I suck in weak waves.

Can anybody talk me out of it??????
If you're looking for someone to talk you out of buying a surfboard, you've come to the wrong place!

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
I just put in a custom order for a Misc 2 weeks ago :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
Well, the silver lining is they’re prioritizing full price orders. How much customizing did you make to the shape? If I was had ordered the Germ custom I would have made it an inch shorter and an eighth wider which is what I had about 10 years ago and have been pining for recently.

Reactions: tedshred5

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
I ended up grabbing the two tone FF Untitled in 5'10. Bring on the yellowing.

Also, in a rush I accidentally ordered the FCS version. Thankfully I caught the mistake and emailed them, also shot a message over on the live chat and asked for them to change it to Futures instead. Dude I talked to said "don't worry, we'll change it when we get to your order." Was hoping to order & forget until March, but now I'll be low-key stressin about it until the board ships :rolleyes::LOL:

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
I ended up grabbing the two tone FF Untitled in 5'10. Bring on the yellowing.

Also, in a rush I accidentally ordered the FCS version. Thankfully I caught the mistake and emailed them, also shot a message over on the live chat and asked for them to change it to Futures instead. Dude I talked to said "don't worry, we'll change it when we get to your order." Was hoping to order & forget until March, but now I'll be low-key stressin about it until the board ships :rolleyes::LOL:
yea youre def getting FCS boxes in that thing. :LOL:

Hazrus

Nep status
Sep 23, 2016
Well, the silver lining is they’re prioritizing full price orders. How much customizing did you make to the shape? If I was had ordered the Germ custom I would have made it an inch shorter and an eighth wider which is what I had about 10 years ago and have been pining for recently.
I made the 5’9 very slightly wider and thicker. The foil is set up so the tail is fairly thin anyway so it won’t hurt.

Reactions: ChaseTMP

Hazrus

Nep status
Sep 23, 2016
Also, they’ve now added the Merlot model to the sale. one of my favourite boards in the last 10 years - tempting

Reactions: ChaseTMP

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I'm seeing better deals being promoted for in store shopping, retailers know they're going to get online business this season so they probably holding back on the killer deals online.