Bike rack for a surfboard - Right or Left side?

Nick Kron

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2001
The Orange Curtain
Well; this thread was not very helpful (Shocker)! I ended up moving it to the right side since I dismount on the Left. 20W-50; you are a genius even in a blackout state! Kudos

• Haha
Reactions: PPK96754

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Right side you could get doored. Left side you could get swiped. Stick it up your ass.
To me it depends on your most common routes. Think of the most challenging areas you'll ride are you more worried about street signs and trash cans on a sidewalk or car doors or cars touching your board as they fly by. If the latter, that's pretty sketchy. Just saying I had it down to a science when I used to underarm it. There is a lot to be said for being able to mount/dismount from the same side you've used 99% of your whole life. Unless you mount stuff ambi fashion, you mount both ways, but that's personal and , foil forum with that business.

• Haha
Reactions: Subway

b.r.

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2003
Leucadia
www.youtube.com
I’m regular foot, but I skate mongo, I kick with my right foot but throw with my left, I write on my white board with my right hand while deflecting spit balls with my left hand. I originally put my board rack on the right but I tipped over one time and it was embarrassing. Now I drive my Tundra. Hope this helps.