Best Twin for dumping beach break?

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
Griffins twins work really well in punchy Newport waves

Another option if you want would be to stop by the Wave Tools shop in Costa Mesa . Lance has tons of stoke boars and are all proven fun in dumpy shorrey waves

Lots of full tuck edges and chine rails too+ fancy air spray

Reactions: Havoc

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
I have a Hoyte Dart Twinzer that was completely fucking bananas in all conditions. It was a hand shape. He made me a couple more that looked identical and were great, but not the same. I brought it all over the world. One of these days I may ask Oak to scan and copy it and see how that works.

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
had a local shaper's mr type board...but it was thrustered and slightly more pulled (mr84?)....ride her with twins and a railer and MAN....she friggin just KILLED IT in grinding newport down the line action. the baord actually looked kind of crude....but man did it fl...quick turns when needed...and she loved to float section. LOVED to. sold it for a song...woudl pay 3x that to have her back. shoudl hit the shaper up.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
"Best Twin for dumping beach break?"
In October 1980, after seeing a twin fin surfboard with a "trigger point" fin Anderson had the idea for a new version of the existing three fin design which was later dubbed the "thruster".[1] Anderson created a prototype for the "thruster" design and took it on tour with him to Hawaii and California. When he returned to Sydney, he made two more surfboards with similar designs.[2]
In 1981, using one of those surfboards, he won the competition at the Bells Beach Classic and the World Surf League Offshore Pipeline Masters. "Surfing history took its biggest turn since polyurethane foam" as the "thruster" design became the most popular fin design for surfboards over the next 30 years.[1][3][4]
Anderson retired from professional surfboarding in the mid-1980s[2] and never sought to benefit commercially by patenting his invention. Anderson said: "If I didn’t come up with it right then, there were a lot of other people at the time that were working toward that same end goal. I’m just fortunate, and happy to contribute.

I'm not sure, but I hear these new thruster surfboards work pretty well in dumping beach break?
Sometimes people just gotta get the latest trend out of their system.

Tomay

OTF status
Feb 2, 2010
Stacey Bullet Twin. Check the clips on Instagram or that guy who used one in his POV series on YouTube. Seen them go off locally (but down own one).

Reactions: Aruka

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Griffins twins work really well in punchy Newport waves

Another option if you want would be to stop by the Wave Tools shop in Costa Mesa . Lance has tons of stoke boars and are all proven fun in dumpy shorrey waves

Lots of full tuck edges and chine rails too+ fancy air spray
i like ur proper use of stoke

Reactions: retodd

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
If you want a twin two fins no twinner I would go Alpha Omega or Akila Aipa who has new modern twin on site and ole twin his dad shaped both look killer. I went AO because I believe in the bonzer concaves and AO looks fast just looking at her...I got a ewing log from MC last year for local beachbreaks and never gone so fast specially after cutting a foot off and going 8' instead of usual 9'. My AO is fast once up and went extra beak to help with paddle so catches waves easy so far stocked. By the way twin is specialty board but could easily see using my AO as a dd.