Best Ebike for Surf Reconnaissance Missions

Nick Kron

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2001
The Orange Curtain
My fellow erBBers: I am looking into acquiring an ebike for my surfing and leisure exploits. My requirements are that it has a side surf rack and can tow a trailer with coolers up and down Trails. Ideally it would have a rear seat for another passenger.

So far it looks like ebikes range between $1.5K - $4K+. The low end is already more than I want to pay but Inflation, etc... Is what it is. What brands do you like/recommend? Any tips would be appreciated.

If you ride a normal bike, no need to reply with comments like "you lazy POS" or "grab your ankles; ebikes are for haoles". I have one and use it when I want exercise, etc. I want to add an ebike to my quiver of bikes to enhance my leisure potential.

Cheers,
NK

WeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeD

Reactions: Boneroni and Aruka

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
i test drove a few.

lectric - kinda janky. you get what you pay for. no point if you dont need it to fold.

juiced bikes - solid - no complaints other than i didnt want a motorcycle lookingthingy.

Super 73 - poplular solid but pricier.

settled on a Rad City 5. 2k super solid - looks like a normal bike and light enough to hoist in my whip. lots of racks and accesories available. I think you can still get the 4 for 1500.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Trails.

I have one and use it when I want exercise, etc. I want to add an ebike to my quiver of bikes to enhance my leisure potential.
Okay, Trails proper noun I think means San Clemente, and we have a 'quiver' of bikes. Probably a quiver of erBB handles.

What is this poster's normal erBB name?

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
FarkinA. When I lived in south San Clemente I had an electra old school 4 speed internal hub pedal bike with a set of side racks that could carry both a log and a shortboard. I used my own legs to peddle that damn thing from Cottons to Trail6 - and points even farther south.
The hills did me good.
Old man out.

1659012446044.png

• Haha
Reactions: Boneroni

Belchfire1

Nep status
Jun 27, 2013
Encinitas
Hey man, spend the $$ and get this one.

1659028155687.png
Great bike that can haul all your crap

Nick Kron

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2001
The Orange Curtain
Hey man, spend the $$ and get this one.

View attachment 134779
Great bike that can haul all your crap
Funny, I have been eying this one. I need to find a shop to test drive

Last edited:
Reactions: Belchfire1

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
Funny this came up. Im moving to SC and joining the eBIKE surf mafia. Been going crazy looking at options.

Prob going with this:

they are made at the same factory as MURF and guy is blowing them out for $1550

bruhdakine

Miki Dora status
Jul 7, 2003
PNW
I rode a friend's Super 73 in Mammoth - super fun. A friend here reps Murf so lots of people have them. They look pretty rad but seem expensive. My family can't justify having one (or three) for the amount we would use it so we haven't gotten one but I can see the appeal for frequent short commutes. My wife visualizes us riding around on them from brewery to brewery on summer days but reality is we never have time for that sh1t.