BEST American bodyboard beach?

Jun 16, 2019
After growing up in the bodyboard Paradise of Hawaii I'm stuck on the east coast of the Mainland slumming it at Wrightsville Beach NC

It's better than nothing but Likley pales in comparison to California where I unfortunately have not been able to surf

Been watching guys on a suicide mission surfing big waves at the wedge so we know that California has some epic conditions but in my mid-40s I'm not looking to have a Burial at Sea so a calmer break would be something right up my alley

As previously mentioned my main hang ups are cold weather, murky water and sharks so in the United States compromise is definitely a factor

No doubt the best bodyboarding Beach must be in the Golden State but for a guy that wants a clean and safe area that's not freezing or packed with man eating white sharks what are his options?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
After growing up in the bodyboard Paradise of Hawaii I'm stuck on the east coast of the Mainland slumming it at Wrightsville Beach NC

It's better than nothing but Likley pales in comparison to California where I unfortunately have not been able to surf

Been watching guys on a suicide mission surfing big waves at the wedge so we know that California has some epic conditions but in my mid-40s I'm not looking to have a Burial at Sea so a calmer break would be something right up my alley

As previously mentioned my main hang ups are cold weather, murky water and sharks so in the United States compromise is definitely a factor

No doubt the best bodyboarding Beach must be in the Golden State but for a guy that wants a clean and safe area that's not freezing or packed with man eating white sharks what are his options?
I am not sure what your definition of cold is but from the Chile thread you sounded like kind of a cold pussy. For this reason, I am going to suggest you move to California, and make good bodyboarding waves amongst cold and sharks a NEW YEAR'S resolution! IT'S fun!

Within shark/cold criteria, I'd say the best lower 48 bodyboarding wave involves knowing someone in the Navy in the North LA/South 805 zone, in Summer, or visiting your rich buddy who lives in LJ.

toowalled

Nep status
Jul 3, 2014
I am not sure what your definition of cold is but from the Chile thread you sounded like kind of a cold pussy. For this reason, I am going to suggest you move to California, and make good bodyboarding waves amongst cold and sharks a NEW YEAR'S resolution! IT'S fun!

Within shark/cold criteria, I'd say the best lower 48 bodyboarding wave involves knowing someone in the Navy in the North LA/South 805 zone, in Summer, or visiting your rich buddy who lives in LJ.
I dont think mugu goes off as much these days heard was lacking sand and its friggin cold too.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I dont think mugu goes off as much these days heard was lacking sand and its friggin cold too.
The guy is in Wrightsville Beach so unless he sits out Dec-March I don't think anything in SoCal is scaring him, cold-wise. Although given he is in NC nothing in the Eastern Pacific should be any sweat.

OP I've got another suggestion for you. A really good one, actually. It's not cold. It's in the US. There are hella bodyboarding waves. At least in the more Winter-ish months.

Puerto Rico. Tell 'em Babby sent you. If they tell you they're Babby and they don't remember sending you, just play it off like Babby doesn't remember but you had good times and were in fact sent; it'll play.

Jun 16, 2019
Boogie boarding is fun
In my opinion it's the most fun you can have in the water

There's just so much more you can do on a bodyboard compared to a surfboard except the surf is so consistently lame in NC that most guys ride gigantic logs

Jun 16, 2019

There's lots of video from SoCal with no wetsuits so what is that like two weeks in August?

I'm pretty comfortable in the high 60ties but I prefer 70-plus because I don't have a wetsuit

Whats LJ??

I wish I had a rich buddy in Southern California

Jun 16, 2019
Yeah man I'm 6-foot 300-pound so there's no way I'm going to put on a wetsuit and do my seal impression

not like there's anything that's going to fit me anyway

Jun 16, 2019
The guy is in Wrightsville Beach so unless he sits out Dec-March I don't think anything in SoCal is scaring him, cold-wise. Although given he is in NC nothing in the Eastern Pacific should be any sweat.

OP I've got another suggestion for you. A really good one, actually. It's not cold. It's in the US. There are hella bodyboarding waves. At least in the more Winter-ish months.

Puerto Rico. Tell 'em Babby sent you. If they tell you they're Babby and they don't remember sending you, just play it off like Babby doesn't remember but you had good times and were in fact sent; it'll play.
holy crap that's a genius idea

I speak Spanish and love brown chicks so that could be the ticket

too bad it's such a crime-ridden sh!t hole or I could easily spend the rest of my life in PR

Jun 16, 2019

I actually do sit out the winter because it's too damn cold but I've only been here five years and I think I'm going to break down and buy a wetsuit this year because I've had such a crap summer

Beerbelly

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2010
It’s on the other side of the lane. That or all the little side wedges up towards Mitchell’s.