Bent Fuselage

Clamsmasher

Michael Peterson status
Apr 22, 2013
Nar
That sucks mate.

That’s a common injury for ‘17 Naish fuse. They have pretty much disappeared from the water here due to breakage, weight and lack of xxl wing. Everyone moves on to Gofoil or Axis.

Can you bend it back without breaking it? That’s where I’d start. Otherwise they might be going cheap somewhere....the wings were being liquidated when the ‘18 models were released

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
I don’t know yet. Foil the world on Instagram told me to write ericfoil who might have a solution. I wanted to see if naish said anything. So far no.

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
I bent the fuselage back straight. Now to decide if I should foil first tomorrow early or go try and find waves even though the tide is so high.

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
haha where did you end up steamroller? Probably a good choice to go look elsewhere. I had fun but it was real small.

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
Foil still works. That is one thing going for Aluminum parts. You can just grab a hammer and bang them back straight.

Here's what the waves looked like. Pretty small. One guy paddled out on a longboard for 45 minutes and paddled back in without catching anything. This is my wave in. At the end of this ride I saw white water backwash coming towards me and was sort of freaking out trying to figure what to do next. Not sure I handled it to gracefully. Sunrise was amazing though. Plus, being the only guy out at 1st point makes me happy.

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
Hdip said:
Foil still works. That is one thing going for Aluminum parts. You can just grab a hammer and bang them back straight.

Here's what the waves looked like. Pretty small. One guy paddled out on a longboard for 45 minutes and paddled back in without catching anything. This is my wave in. At the end of this ride I saw white water backwash coming towards me and was sort of freaking out trying to figure what to do next. Not sure I handled it to gracefully. Sunrise was amazing though. Plus, being the only guy out at 1st point makes me happy.

Looks buttery :grin:

Use that backwash, turn and ride it back out. I've done it high tide at some spots here and you almost don't need to pump.

steamroller

Michael Peterson status
Dec 23, 2007
48U - Green River, WY
sheeeooooot...i unloaded my board and realized i left the bolts at hime in the garage...went scrambling around looking for hardware store before the tide dropped...nothing...ended up shooting video instead...