Becoming an older surfer

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
I'm on this one. I don't wanna trash my shoulders, so I surf max 3 hours and don't do any long paddles.
geez, i'm usually good for about 1.5 - 2 hours, at best - not any particular part of the body, just an overall sag in stamina. i start blowing pop-ups and take-offs, which makes me eat it more, which wears me out faster etc etc - snowball effect. and i don't even mind - as mentioned earlier in the thread, literally one good wave salvages a whole session.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I've become quite partial to Guinness Zero.
Mezcal back? That’s what got me through the Covid. If I was a total non drinker like you I’d give any of that a pass. I went through six months dry during the Covid times here and never thought about beer of any kind. Licuado banana and papaya with ice and water in the morning, water after that.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I don’t know how they do it but Guinness 0.0 is tasty. I don’t often bother with NA beer but once in a blue moon it hits the spot

Reactions: Witchipoo

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
We should arrange an erBB meet and greet for members 60 and older.

We can meet at Sharky's place for a breakfast of porridge, prunes and alcohol free mimosas. :cheers:

Come on Sharky.. it'll be fun and we can all arm wrestle to see who the real pussies are and then report it on the erBB and haze the loosers! :roflmao:

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal

We can meet at Sharky's place for a breakfast of porridge, prunes and alcohol free mimosas. :cheers:

Come on Sharky.. it'll be fun and we can all arm wrestle to see who the real pussies are and then report it on the erBB and haze the loosers! :roflmao:
[/QUOT
Must include breath holding contest. 1st Geri to blackout gets his walker in the dumpster.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020

I'm going to let my balls hang low and sneak in.

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
If you come here and try your entitled tactic, I
Must include breath holding contest. 1st Geri to blackout gets his walker in the dumpster.
I

I'd volunteer my McMansion in CBad but I'd absolutely be checking IDs at the gate.