Baghdad airstrike kills important Iranian military dude.....or something.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
If Iran closes the straight of Hormuz things will get interesting and will definitely be felt here(gas prices).

Reactions: $kully

utoma

Nep status
Apr 19, 2019
"Secretary of State Michael R. Pompeo spoke today with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov. Secretary Pompeo discussed President Trump’s recent decision to take decisive defensive action to protect US personnel abroad by killing Qassem Soleimani in response to imminent threats to American lives. The Secretary made clear that the United States remains committed to de-escalation," according to spokesperson Morgan Ortagus.

HOW are you committed to de-escalation if you assassinate one of their top generals???

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
"Secretary of State Michael R. Pompeo spoke today with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov. Secretary Pompeo discussed President Trump’s recent decision to take decisive defensive action to protect US personnel abroad by killing Qassem Soleimani in response to imminent threats to American lives. The Secretary made clear that the United States remains committed to de-escalation," according to spokesperson Morgan Ortagus.

HOW are you committed to de-escalation if you assassinate one of their top generals???
If it makes you feel any better, I don't think he suffered.

• Haha
Reactions: redrider

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Shouldn't you hawks that were so incensed over the abandoning of the Kurds be thrilled about this?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois

Up is down, down is up. 2+2=5.

Last week the Trumby devotees were saying we need to GTFO of the Middle East now they’re beating the drums of war.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Didn’t Iran just conduct joint military exercises with Russia and China?

I wonder how that factors in to the equation. I wonder what Trumby’s boss is going to think about all this.

Geopolitics is difficult.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Shouldn't you hawks that were so incensed over the abandoning of the Kurds be thrilled about this?
I think the people are are framing as hawks balked at the rashness of the pullout.

I get the sense that trump doesn't have a strategy.

What happens after we go to war?

How long will we occupy Iran?

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
I think the people are are framing as hawks balked at the rashness of the pullout.

Your opinion is grounded in emotion.

There's giant rooms full of people in DC that do nothing all day but look at every angle.

Reactions: redrider

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Didn’t Iran just conduct joint military exercises with Russia and China?

I wonder how that factors in to the equation. I wonder what Trumby’s boss is going to think about all this.

Geopolitics is difficult.
Hey Dummy, Iran and Russia's relationship has always been transactional. Russia and Israelis is another story. Russia is a non issue here.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Your opinion is grounded in emotion.

There's giant rooms full of people in DC that do nothing all day but look at every angle.
But I can afford to have an opinion because I'm not involved in the decision making.

I also aknowalge that I could be wrong.

I hope I am.

How is this war going to work out better than the last three clusterfucks we had?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
But I can afford to have an opinion because I'm not involved in the decision making.

I hope I am.

How is this war going to work out better than the last three clusterfucks we had?
This war will finally establish peace in the Middle East

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER

I hope I am.

You have a president that is against it to start.

He's been clear. He is not going to use American forces for regime change. He will defend American interests though.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Trump the non interventionist, lol, Can't wait for the Trumptards to do a 180.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

We shouldn't' go to war. This should be the end of it

If we must go to war, we need to stop with the nation-building nonsense and kill everyone in Iran and Iraq and be done with it

However that wouldn't be well liked and wouldn't make enough money for the MIC so we'll continue to see foreverwar