Baghdad airstrike kills important Iranian military dude.....or something.

doubleup

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 18, 2019
If it will make you feel better.
Secretary of Defense Mark Esper has said he wasn't aware of an imminent threat.
NY Times report cites a source saying that Suleimani was in Iraq planning to meet with Iraqi government officials.
Iraq's government wants US troops out of their country
Same NYT article claims that among the issues to be discussed between Suleimani and Iraqis was exploring ways to end hostilities between Iran and Saudi Arabia.
Saudi Arabia spends humungous amounts of money on the US military industries and is Israel's sole supporter in the region.
Probably coincidental...

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Secretary of Defense Mark Esper has said he wasn't aware of an imminent threat.
NY Times report cites a source saying that Suleimani was in Iraq planning to meet with Iraqi government officials.
Iraq's government wants US troops out of their country
Same NYT article claims that among the issues to be discussed between Suleimani and Iraqis was exploring ways to end hostilities between Iran and Saudi Arabia.
Saudi Arabia spends humungous amounts of money on the US military industries and is Israel's sole supporter in the region.
Probably coincidental...
Hey, I agreed. I feel better. That may or may not be coincidental.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Trump succeeded in breaking Pelosi's rhythm so now the impeachment process goes to the Senate. So he obviously got away with that. He''s also getting away with killing this guy and triggering more difficulties for the mullahs.

But, he's an idiot. Dumbest POTUS evar. What's entertaining about all this is that Trump is continually proving he doesn't have to be the smartest guy in the room. He only has to be smarter than his opposition.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Trump succeeded in breaking Pelosi's rhythm so now the impeachment process goes to the Senate. So he obviously got away with that. He''s also getting away with killing this guy and triggering more difficulties for the mullahs.

But, he's an idiot. Dumbest POTUS evar. What's entertaining about all this is that Trump is continually proving he doesn't have to be the smartest guy in the room. He only has to be smarter than his opposition.
no.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009

He's not outsmarting anyone. People are just failing when it comes to predicting what the crazy guy in the room with the knife is going to do next.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
He's not outsmarting anyone. People are just failing when it comes to predicting what the crazy guy in the room with the knife is going to do next.
Winning. Frustrating, isn't it?

Look at the bright side - you're in the home stretch and in just 11 short months you'll be drawing up plans for criminal prosecution by Biden's DOJ. Or Maybe Bernie's DOJ if he doesn't banish them to a Siberian Gulag in the interim.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
My worry isn't about trump. It's about what trump does to the country.

It's odd to me that the trump guy frame it that way.

I hope the dummies here are right and we get lucky.

Because we are playing a luck game now.