Badass

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Which is, patently retarded in every way

And you people support it
I just don’t see what is hard about asking people to stay home for a few weeks

because I have two handicapped kids who make traveling extremely difficult, we rarely go anywhere

lts honestly not that big of a deal, especially on a temporary basis

If you do want to leave your hot pocket, at least have the courtesy to the people you are visiting to self quarantine for 2 weeks

if you’re not willing to do that, you are really just a selfish person and I hope they play the “Bad Boys” theme from Cops when they tackle your ass :p

• Love
Reactions: FecalFace and Kento

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Which is, patently retarded in every way

And you people support it
if people could behave, we could have nice things like the swedes and every
other nation that doesn't celebrate mouth-breathing

they closed parking lots first to keep people localized, but they still came
out in droves to the beaches, parks, and paths, so the city shut them down

the surfing thing is just because you can't cross the sand

a former board member made a funny post about surf trips on his boat out
of king's harbor...porto boat trip

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar

because I have two handicapped kids who make traveling extremely difficult, we rarely go anywhere

If you do want to leave your hot pocket, at least have the courtesy to the people you are visiting to self quarantine for 2 weeks

if you’re not willing to do that, you are really just a selfish person and I hope they play the “Bad Boys” theme from Cops when they tackle your ass :p
So true about the struggle to get ADHD/ASD kids out of the house with any kind of deadline. Not having that requirement right now is a godsend. And they are learning a ton at home right now.

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
So true about the struggle to get ADHD/ASD kids out of the house with any kind of deadline. Not having that requirement right now is a godsend. And they are learning a ton at home right now.
yeah, there are some upsides

On the travel thing, I will admit I get jealous from time to time when peers take overseas trips and things like that

however, 75yrs ago, most people never left their immediate area and it probably never occurred to them that they should

maybe we’re going to become a bit more acquainted with older ways of living, which isn’t all bad

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
yeah, there are some upsides

On the travel thing, I will admit I get jealous from time to time when peers take overseas trips and things like that

however, 75yrs ago, most people never left their immediate area and it probably never occurred to them that they should

maybe we’re going to become a bit more acquainted with older ways of living, which isn’t all bad
I think it's been a lot easier for my family to adjust than most to shelter-in-place. I am fortunate in that I am able to viably work from home and my wife is SAH mom already so the transition is a ton easier.

Holy sh*t you should have seen my two kids having meltdowns going through the metal detector at the airport. Mortifying and painful on the psyche. I hate flying enough already (not because of fear but because of the time and BS involved) and it's even worse with the kids. Road trips are much easier - we actually take them a lot of places all over but you have to frontload everything.

Reactions: john4surf

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
I think it's been a lot easier for my family to adjust than most to shelter-in-place. I am fortunate in that I am able to viably work from home and my wife is SAH mom already so the transition is a ton easier.

Holy sh*t you should have seen my two kids having meltdowns going through the metal detector at the airport. Mortifying and painful on the psyche. I hate flying enough already (not because of fear but because of the time and BS involved) and it's even worse with the kids. Road trips are much easier - we actually take them a lot of places all over but you have to frontload everything.
yeah, that’s why we skip flying in general. I’ve only taken my older son on a plane once in 12 yrs and he is higher functioning. My younger son who is non verbal we will probably never take him on a plane. The whole thing is a giant clusterf even to normal people

Reactions: FecalFace

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

Fecal Face loved your post, and is one of the people leaving his house to cycle

To clarify my post. The problem I had is that it legal to bike and skate, yet illegal to surf

Surfing is more distanced than either biking or skating

Reactions: Billy Ocean

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
You are literally telling people to die so you can go back to life as normal but supporting social distancing and enforcing it because of retards like you is the worst thing in the world, aka tyranee.

That libertardian think-tank really did a number on you.
Do you support the ban on surfing?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
if people could behave, we could have nice things like the swedes and every
other nation that doesn't celebrate mouth-breathing

they closed parking lots first to keep people localized, but they still came
out in droves to the beaches, parks, and paths, so the city shut them down

the surfing thing is just because you can't cross the sand

a former board member made a funny post about surf trips on his boat out
of king's harbor...porto boat trip
So that's more mouth breathing by the authorities

It's pretty fucking obvious what someone is doing when they're crossing the sand in a wetsuit holding a surfboard, compared to someone holding and umbrella or blanket

Same as someone walking along the beach as opposed to just hanging out

The fact that Orange County didn't close anything despite having all of the same experiences as LA and SD shows the closure is an optics thing. The dramatic arrests are propaganda to show that they are taking it seriously

People were "behaving" in fact, they were doing exact what Garcetti told them they could do

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Here is a simple screen/test.

You ask what if everyone did what this guy did?

I hope this helps.
What if everyone cycled? What if everyone took a walk at the same time?

Outside of a couple narrow take-off reefs and points in SoCal, you're socially distanced when you're surfing. If you're not you're doing it wrong

That includes going to the beach with a bunch of buddies, that's always wrong

Reactions: Billy Ocean