At what point does it become ridiculous?

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Yeah did the past four years I’ve been waiting for the GOP to turn on him. From the outside looking in it always seemed like he was just using them as a stepping stone and he was the quintessential RINO who used them for personal gain. But now listening to the likes of Squidley and Gromsdad who will call any conservative brave enough to call him on his sh!t a RINO, it really makes you wonder. He’s somehow stolen the party.

Last edited:

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
It's ludicrous.

BUT Get this.

I haven't used my parents address for 15+ years, since graduate school, moved over a decade ago and have been listed as registered voter in my parents county since. Earlier this year, I requested to have myself removed from the voter list, filled out the card to do so twice. Mail in ballot was still received at my parents house, along with the prior owners from 35 years ago! Two of my parents neighbors had the same situation, they too received ballots for the previous owners when they've lived in their homes for decades.

My parents vote via mail in and drop off at election drop off box at the same time. My mom's is processed, my dad's has not been processed.

It's nucking futs. Fix the system and contemporize it.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
It's ludicrous.

BUT Get this.

I haven't used my parents address for 15+ years, since graduate school, moved over a decade ago and have been listed as registered voter in my parents county since. Earlier this year, I requested to have myself removed from the voter list, filled out the card to do so twice. Mail in ballot was still received at my parents house, along with the prior owners from 35 years ago! Two of my parents neighbors had the same situation, they too received ballots for the previous owners when they've lived in their homes for decades.

My parents vote via mail in and drop off at election drop off box at the same time. My mom's is processed, my dad's has not been processed.

It's nucking futs. Fix the system and contemporize it.
No objection from me. Our system is archaic.

Reactions: plasticbertrand

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Yeah did the past four years I’ve been waiting for the GOP to turn on him. From the outside looking in it always seemed like he was just using them as a stepping stone. But now listening to the likes of Squidley and Gromsdad who will call any conservative brave enough to call him on his sh!t a RINO, it really makes you wonder.
There are now 3 kinds of Republicans - Braves, Cowards, and Crazies.

Crazies are full-on Team Trump. The Rubes. The Minions. Trump is like their God. They would follow him off of a cliff. They are now the largest faction of Repubs.

Cowards are otherwise normal Repubs who despise Trump but are terrified of being primaried by the Crazies. So they hold their noses and pretend to go along with Team Trump, thereby empowering the Crazies even more.

Braves are so disgusted by Trump and what he's done to their party that they actually stand up to him. They know the Crazies will come gunning for them and the Cowards will just stand by, but they have got to make a stand.

Reactions: One-Off and sirfun

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
No objection from me. Our system is archaic.
But it works. Not saying it could not work better, but it does the job, is quite capable of flagging double votes and other anomalies, and has a great track record: there is virtually no history of systematic voter fraud at the state or federal level in the US.

Reactions: afoaf

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
But it works. Not saying it could not work better, but it does the job, is quite capable of flagging double votes and other anomalies, and has a great track record: there is virtually no history of systematic voter fraud at the state or federal level in the US.
Horse and buggy worked too but yay automobiles! We can do better.

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
I could have voted twice, in two separate locations. It would not have caught my double vote.

according to the county elections board where I used to live, it’s up to usps to inform them of when a resident moves. Over a decade later and still receive ballots.

the voting system works like our immigration system, perfectly!

Reactions: GromsDad

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
I could have voted twice, in two separate locations. It would not have caught my double vote.

according to the county elections board where I used to live, it’s up to usps to inform them of when a resident moves. Over a decade later and still receive ballots.

here in NC, you might have gotten two ballots but each one has a code on the mailing label - if both had get returned, they get flagged and one get tossed. doubt if it's any different anywhere else.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

But wouldn't that give the Republicans the same advantage to cheat?

Are the people going to court checking the voter fraud where trump won?

If they are just looking for democratic anomalies wouldn't that be a case of confirmation bias and motivated reasoning?

Hasn't trump shown himself to use motivated reasoning when facts are not on his side?

Isn't this one of trump's tactic he used in comical real estate, just bombard the opposition with courts cases to drain them of money and the will to fight?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Yeah did the past four years I’ve been waiting for the GOP to turn on him. From the outside looking in it always seemed like he was just using them as a stepping stone and he was the quintessential RINO who used them for personal gain. But now listening to the likes of Squidley and Gromsdad who will call any conservative brave enough to call him on his sh!t a RINO, it really makes you wonder. He’s somehow stolen the party.
This is just the continued evolution of the Tea Party/Libertarian/America First/Anti-War wing of the party with the Establishment/Neocon/Warhawk wing of the party. Trump is just the focal point.

It actually sucks because the Romney/Cheney/Kristol/National Review wing of the part are THE bad guys

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
This is just the continued evolution of the Tea Party/Libertarian/America First/Anti-War wing of the party with the Establishment/Neocon/Warhawk wing of the party. Trump is just the focal point.

It actually sucks because the Romney/Cheney/Kristol/National Review wing of the part are THE bad guys
Lol. Trump is still trying to bombs Iran but the grown ups won’t let him.

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
here in NC, you might have gotten two ballots but each one has a code on the mailing label - if both had get returned, they get flagged and one get tossed. doubt if it's any different anywhere else.
That’s assuming it’s the same state. I never said the two votes would have been casted in the same state.

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
But wouldn't that give the Republicans the same advantage to cheat?

Are the people going to court checking the voter fraud where trump won?

If they are just looking for democratic anomalies wouldn't that be a case of confirmation bias and motivated reasoning?

Hasn't trump shown himself to use motivated reasoning when facts are not on his side?

Isn't this one of trump's tactic he used in comical real estate, just bombard the opposition with courts cases to drain them of money and the will to fight?
You’re missing the point. There should not be an advantage.

as an American citizen and a patriot, I want our voices heard as one. one person, one vote. No one in this country can stand behind that principle with 100% confidence in the accuracy and precision of the count.

the system is broken and needs to be fixed, just like immigration.