Are you eating a sh!t ton of candy????

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Candy very rarely for me. My wife likes dark chocolate and a friend brings it from Switzerland when she goes. There’s always some kind of candy stuff around, the grandkids have stashes. I just say no.

I did a survey and we expect five trick or treaters this year, up from zero last year.
Single-ply and the Five Egg Omelet is my new Banda Sureno group's name.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Almost never. Maybe once or twice a year at most do I get that sweet tooth fiending and I raid the kids old Halloween candy or some such but always feel like sh!t afterwards, curdled stomach and all. Over it a long time ago.

scooch

Nep status
Jun 14, 2013
Probably my daughters last year of trick or treating cuz shes 14 so Ill be going extra deep into her bag of candy this year. She usually throws me all her Snickers anyway and some Almond Joys. I love me a Reeses peanut butter cup too but usually pass on them cuz they are more often than not, old and the peanut butter taste like crap. I love Trader Joes peanut butter cups! Last year I ran out of candy halfway through a big group of kids at my door. It seriously was touch and go there for a minute and Im still not sure how I made it out alive and my house unvandalized.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
While we are on the topic what is your favorite sweet treat?
candy: sweet tarts and twizzlers are the go to but ill literally eat any kind.

downstairs rn theres a both replenished daily in my lobby. its like lifesavers/mints/tootsie rolls - sh!t like that, nothin great. i grab a handful every morni n since they put it out there - i need this holiday to be over.

not typically a cake/baked good person but love me some bananna bread and the occasional brownie or something.

Reactions: keenfish

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
candy: sweet tarts and twizzlers are the go to but ill literally eat any kind.

downstairs rn theres a both replenished daily in my lobby. its like lifesavers/mints/tootsie rolls - sh!t like that, nothin great. i grab a handful every morni n since they put it out there - i need this holiday to be over.

not typically a cake/baked good person but love me some bananna bread and the occasional brownie or something.
bottlecaps>spree>sweet tarts

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
My wife always had a candy jar on her desk at work. She retired, now that candy jar is in our kitchen. Maybe if we'd keep it elsewhere away from the kitchen it would be easier to resist? I'm going to try that, because when I get hungry, I usually go to the kitchen.
So it's like the candysnatchers version of changing people, PLACES, and THINGS. AA lernid me that, but I'm not really a believer, so, just say noooooo.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Yeah at a certain point you gotta learn to ignore the cravings. As part of our return to office, we now have a massive and varied “snack table” in the Office with everything from regular candy to fruity pebbles and rice crispy treats, slim Jim’s; chips, kind bars etc. so now, even though I still hit the table once or twice a day- I have learned to NOT hit the table literally every time I walk by (and it’s about 5 feet from my desk).

and on days where I’ve found myself eating a few more snacks than usual I just skip lunch and make it a one meal day (aside from the office snacks)