Are Democrats living up to King's I have a Dream speech?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Sometime today please take the time to listen to King's I Have a Dream Speech.

Serious question: Are Democrats living up to what King so eloquently spoke of in that speech or are they simply exploiting the divide and widening the gap between people of all races as a strategy to gain political power?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
For the sake of keeping this thread on track I will concede that Democrats say Republicans are terrible monsters on race. But how are Democrats doing? Are Democrats living up to what King spoke of in that speech or are they simply exploiting the divide and widening the gap between people of all races as a strategy to gain political power and maintain it in urban areas?

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Dems think you must take into account race when deciding matters of social justice

They will rationalize that this is consistent with MLK’s vision but it’s really the opposite

They might also say that MLK was aspirational and that race weighting is necessary to get to a color blind society

This sounds more reasonable in theory

However, there is no clear end to race weighting

Also, you must really on humans who are inherently prejudiced to do the race weighting

As a result it is simply unworkable in practice and creates animosity

Liberals say they don’t care- that justice outweighs the resentment

What they don’t understand is that this race weighting persists at the sufferance of the majority

If the majority perceives it to be unfair, it will stop

The non elites perceive it to be unfair, hence trump

Only in elite liberal circles does it persist, but the will become increasingly marginalized

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
I love it when people tell us what "Dems" and "Republicans" think and do. Maybe the question should be "are you living up to King's speech?"

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
BillyOcean said:
Dems think you must take into account race when deciding matters of social justice

They will rationalize that this is consistent with MLK’s vision but it’s really the opposite

They might also say that MLK was aspirational and that race weighting is necessary to get to a color blind society

Also, you must really on humans who are inherently prejudiced to do the race weighting

What they don’t understand is that this race weighting persists at the sufferance of the majority

Only in elite liberal circles does it persist, but the will become increasingly marginalized
Where are these "elites" and "non-elites" anyway?

As for resentment, if you're a "typical" white man in America and you think you are losing out to minorities because of "race weighting" you're a loser and would be losing even if America were 100% white - it would never be your fault because of women, jews, Catholics, Italians, Communists or whatever else you weren't.

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
manbearpig said:
GromsDad said:
manbearpig said:
Are the republicans?
They aren't the ones running around constantly finger pointing about race. Besides, this thread is about the Democrats.
Answer the question sweetheart. It’s relevent as they are one in the same.
I think that we can expect the Republican Party to, at the very least, not use Black Americans like a drug (money) pusher uses crack (dolla' bill yo) addicts.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
StuAzole said:
As for resentment, if you're a "typical" white man in America and you think you are losing out to minorities because of "race weighting" you're a loser and would be losing even if America were 100% white - it would never be your fault because of women, jews, Catholics, Italians, Communists or whatever else you weren't.
This.

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
StuAzole said:
BillyOcean said:

I don’t personally think I’m losing out

But a lot of people do

Whether they are correct or not, this is a problem for race weighting advocates

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
manbearpig said:
The left may go too far with racial issues but the right ignores it all together.

That’s the reality of race issues in this country.
No, the Right generally refuses to join in the Lefts constant posing on the issue and their use of Black Americans as mascots.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
CharmingSophisticate said:
manbearpig said:
The left may go too far with racial issues but the right ignores it all together.

That’s the reality of race issues in this country.
No, the Right generally refuses to join in the Lefts constant posing on the issue and their use of Black Americans as mascots.
The Right is too busy trying to curry favor by sucking billionaire c0ck to worry about your black problem.

I get it.

The pay is better.

Also, that billionaire jizz has magical healing powers for your Paul Ryan type of creep.

Here is the weird thing that doesn't make sense.

The Right leaning blacking hating billonare loving don't want the blacks to kill their unwanted fetuses.

To that, my friends, I say, WTF?

I have a dream!

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
BillyOcean said:
is it racist to judge people as individuals?

This is where the left has lost the plot
That is a segment of the left.

There really needs to be a third part of the middle.

The crazy far left and right have too much power.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
BillyOcean said:
StuAzole said:
BillyOcean said:

I don’t personally think I’m losing out

But a lot of people do

Whether they are correct or not, this is a problem for race weighting advocates
Or is a problem for people who think they're losing out due to race weighting?