Anyone still using SOMA Air Bag for travel?

cjs2002

Nep status
Jan 24, 2008
A buddy of mine has one he doesn't use...should I buy it off him? Are they as reliable as they used to claim?

Sep 20, 2019
I gave up with Soma. First one leaked from brand new. Took six month for a replacement was upgraded to to newer version. When I went to use it boards didn’t fit. Talked with Perry the owner many times. Ideas was great just had too many problems I sold mine

Reactions: cjs2002

taking one in

Nep status
Jun 16, 2008
They work really good.

They will lose a little air pressure on the flight but probably not enough to be a problem.

But if they want to open your bag and search stuff at the airport, it's going to a be a problem. Packing the bag while inflated is virtually impossible. So, they're either going to break something trying to get the boards back in or deflate the bag and leave you with little to no protection after their search or some other less than ideal solution I'm not thinking of.

Inflating the bag is not super fun.

FresnoRipper

Michael Peterson status
Aug 25, 2002
Took mine to Costa Rica 10 years ago. No problems and zero dings when I arrived in-country. When we got home on the return flight the bag deflated a little bit but still no ding dings.

I was happy with it, but sold it to a French guy.