Anyone remember another time when unaccepted books were destroyed? I seem to remember a couple....

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
The crazies are really going all out
Everybody enjoys a good bonfire ....wait but the smoke, what can they do

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Orwell was right about authoritarians being unable to do what they want to do without controlling the narrative. They need to proscribe what ideas and information people can and cannot exchange and consider.

In a sense, the issue of Free Speech is more about what the many are allowed to hear than what the suspect few are allowed to say.

Reactions: Ifallalot

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Orwell was right about authoritarians being unable to do what they want to do without controlling the narrative. They need to proscribe what ideas and information people can and cannot exchange and consider.

In a sense, the issue of Free Speech is more about what the many are allowed to hear than what the suspect few are allowed to say.
keep assuming those aren't just out dated text books.....

you're like 2 steps behind SurfDog on the descent

Reactions: FecalFace

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Ifall never opened a book in school, otherwise he would remember the havoc a middleschooler and a sharpie can do to a textbook.

Sometimes things just need replacing.
Everything is conspiracy to him, a true useful idiot.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I just through a sh!t ton of text books out in my office. They were there when I got there.

I tried to see if they could be recycled.

The office manager told me just to toss them.

I called up the dept in charge of recycling and they said they needed a work order from the dept and that the dept would be billed for them to come get the stuff.

Off to the trash they went!