Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
I’m in deep now...

It all started with internet radio..

Then I got some OK speakers...

Now I own three turntables...

One current build and two from the 1980’s

There’s something about the sound of vinyl. So much so I found myself going through records at the local Sal Vation Army and buyingn$2 records from people of the past with good taste in music.

corndog

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2004
Brian Suits At KFI am640... The Dark Secret Place and Super Hyper Local Sundays. freaking good

corndog

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2004
Brian Suits at KFI 640 am... The Dark Secret Place on Saturday nights and Super Hyper Local Sundays on Sunday night
epic especially the... " have your seen a free couch?" i almost one once.

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
I’m still deep in Internet Radio. First thing I turn on in the morning

Gotta check out:

WWOZ out of New Orleans. Top Notch!

ANTENNE BAYERN - Chill Out- Germany. Great chill music mix.

Radio Sutch is no longer broadcasting...so bummed it was rad.

Radio Caroline...great Sunday Music

We need to put together an erBB Internet Radio Station...it would be freakin insane.

With the amount of characters, plus some of our free time, except whenthere are waves (those times will be loopd recorded)

Plus theres a bunch of techincal guys who sorta know their sh!t...

ErBbb Radio........I want onboard....and a freaking cabin...my own cabin...with booze and braords..

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
The sound quality of Sirius XM for music has sucked in every vehicle I've had it it. They must really compress the audio file when they stream it.
It also depends on the brand of car/car stereo. In our Ford, all of the stations are compressed, but in the Toyota we had and the Subaru we have the talk and comedy stations are compressed but most music stations are pretty good. Their streaming app actually sounds better than it does in the Ford

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
i dont but i have streaming music via cox cable if i want it

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
i dont but i have streaming music via cox cable if i want it
You're one of the people I want to hear broadcasting music on the erBB Radio Station. I wanna hear you rating IntsaChicks bodies in-between songs. Then of course, your daily Baaaaa, Baaaaa...Why The Fuck Are These Kooks paddleing out to my peak.

JSC

Nep status
Mar 11, 2008
28 something responses and not a single mention of Spotify? Great playlists, free version, radio options, etc. #muricans

ShiverMeTimbers

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Mar 21, 2006
Gig Harbor
www.peistcharters.com
There was a mention of Spotify. Go back and read it!

I've been a subscriber of Spotify since it started. Great service. Signed up for a family membership so my daughter stops putting Moana soundtrack on my playlists. And my wife can listen to all her 80's fag hag garbage without it reflecting on my music taste.

Reactions: JSC

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 29, 2019
Decided to finally crawl under the house, drill some holes in the floor, and patched cable from the router to my Yamaha Reciever that has Interent radio and Airplay.

Why did I not do this years ago when I got it? This is RAD!

The sound quality blows Sirius away (was using their home dock) and there are thousands of Stations, with good bitrates.

I can now get SurfPlendor podcast on my stereo easily without having to use a phone/laptop/ipad. :wave2:

Been digging some New Wave stations, BBC6, lots of chill, 57 Chevy, and classical, and European channels

Dang this is one big rabbit hole.

Any other recommendations or podcasts?
What receiver do you have?

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 29, 2019
So, can you explain what this is for a novice...? How do I play it on my Radio? Car? Listening to this DI.FM (Dubstep) on my computer right now...killer!
I'm a bit confused here too. So you are streaming the music to your stereo receiver through your desktop computer?

Or does your receiver have a onscreen GUI where you can select internet radio stations?

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
I'm a bit confused here too. So you are streaming the music to your stereo receiver through your desktop computer?

Or does your receiver have a onscreen GUI where you can select internet radio stations?
It's a Yamaha A/V Receiver from around 2012.

The Yamaha's and I think most newer A/V's have an on screen GUI built into the receiver on the front dash. The same place where it will tell you what input, sound field etc. I use that mostly now but you can also see it on the TV Screen when you put your TV on the A/V Receiver source. But to really search and make bookmarks of your favorite stations, you need to use an Ipad or phone app of the Internet Radio Tuner your A/V receiver uses. You log on onto the internet radio provider such as Tune In, Vtuner Etc. and it ties together. Pretty Slick. Plus you r

Another way to do it is if you have a newer Smart TV or Blueray Player with Apps. Most have Spotify, Pandora, YouTube and Internet Radio. For Internet Radio look for Tune In or what ever image that has an old Antenna Icon and your good to go.

I've always liked Spotify, Pandora is Ok, but not into paying a subscription, thus why I really like this interent radio. It's all free and mostly stations are ad free. Plus, the mixes that the "DJ's" do is still pretty damm good.

I also bought a stand alone Internet music streamer that goes into an old receiver from the early 1990's. It plugs into one of its AUX inputs. The 90's amp now has internet radio, Spotify, Tidal, etc.. that I can run through a remote it came with or an iphone app. It also has a very good DAC that can bring your old CD player up to speed. Crazy what's possible today. It's a Yamaha WXC-50 but there are tons from other companies that do the same thing and even better.

The coolest aspect about this is if you have a vintage stereo system that still works, just get one of these Internet music streamers. Adding it to an empty AUX, Tape, or even FM Tuner Input (can't plug it into Phono) and you just brought that 1970's stereo with that bitchin tube like sound, into the 2020's. Most are WiFi so you can now pump all your music on your phone straight into your old stereo. Lots of people pay big money for some of those older 70's and 80's stereos now.

Reactions: PJ

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
Alexa play radio Paradise. Okay, have you taken your medication today? Yes Alex. Hey Alexa, tell me a Joke. Okay, why are mushrooms, such great entertainers? Because the are such Fun-guys

Jun 22, 2020
I love listening to radio over the Internet. My job is very boring. I work in the library. And I turn on the radio on my computer so I don't fall asleep)) But the speed and quality of the Internet is very low and does not always catch. It makes me very nervous. But recently, a new Internet provider was connected to our library. The radio didn't stop for a second all day. I was thrilled. After that, I spent the same Internet at home and recommended it to my neighbors. I will share the link with you, and you can read it usave.co.uk

Last edited: