Anyone know about pricing used guitars?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Pfft.

Who needs old when you can spend a few paychecks on a new relic’d guitar?
They should give me that job.

I can do surfboards too.

All my exgirl friends and exwife would tell me "You can't have anything nice!":cursing:

But really I good at creating relics.

Its like the ugly duckling story

and he lived happily ever after

Reactions: Boneroni

waxhead

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 31, 2009
I bought this '65 lefty in the early 80's for 800.00
Traded it for a boogie markII valued at 1,200.00 maybe five years later. I needed the amp for a gig.
I found it on the google a few years ago. A collector in florida has it. It's worth close to 50k....

Attachments

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
i feel bad for anyone who has to play a lefty guitar. I was fortunately steered to a righty guitar when I told the sales guy I’m a lefty.

Reactions: Boneroni

waxhead

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 31, 2009
It's good and bad. No one ever asks to borrow your guitar. With the internets you can get a good amount of stuff, but there is more you can't get. I think lefties tend to hang onto guitars as they are harder to find. At this point I still window shop, but rarely buy.

i feel bad for anyone who has to play a lefty guitar. I was fortunately steered to a righty guitar when I told the sales guy I’m a lefty.

Last edited:
Reactions: sdsrfr

PJ

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 27, 2002
Shrub Oak,N.Y.,USA
Ordered this from southpaw guitars in TX. Was so stoked when I opened the case, and then..........
Wow - that will ruin your day! Did you get it fixed? That's actually very common on Les Pauls because of the neck angle - but without that angle it wouldn't be a Les Paul. It's vey fixable. The guy I watch on YouTube, twoodfrd, takes out all the tuners, glues it back together then routs a rectangle straight and fully through the middle of the neck straddling the break. He then makes a new rectangular piece of wood and glues it into the routing to provide a strong continuous piece of wood with a large glue area. Looks surprisingly good when he's done. A lot of them have been fixed twice.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Wow - that will ruin your day! Did you get it fixed? That's actually very common on Les Pauls because of the neck angle - but without that angle it wouldn't be a Les Paul. It's vey fixable. The guy I watch on YouTube, twoodfrd, takes out all the tuners, glues it back together then routs a rectangle straight and fully through the middle of the neck straddling the break. He then makes a new rectangular piece of wood and glues it into the routing to provide a strong continuous piece of wood with a large glue area. Looks surprisingly good when he's done. A lot of them have been fixed twice.
Send it back.It arrived already broken, they need to send you a new one and maybe rip a new one on the delivery guy.

waxhead

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 31, 2009
I sent it back and he sent me another one but a different color. I liked the broken one more and I probably should have kept it and had it fixed. When I first realized it was snapped I thought of this Game of Thrones quote:

"Your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth"

• Haha
Reactions: PJ and brukuns