Anyone for Matcha here?

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
I've never used it but first I bought some Cacao powder and I've been putting it in my oats. I thinks it's probably a slightly good thing, better than neutral and interesting taste wise.
Discovered Matcha powder at the same store for cheap, I'm unaware of the hype other than I know there is some out there. So it's like green tea and has some antioxidant ness to it, maybe a slight bit -O-dat natural energy boost I don't believe in as I've done real stimulants off and on going on a lifetime now.

I'm curious how some see and use this. Do you believe? I generally don't Patagonia or Joe Rogan or anything.

I like an edge. I take kratom some and l arginine when I'm gonna get a workout. I eat well with some vice thrown in during dark times, like sprained arm, no surf equals extra peanut butter, extra chocolate snacks and the Italian Restaurant I hate to love so much. But I try most of the time.
Do you Matcha?
It's not produced by slaves or destroying a rainforest or anything is it? I mean, no more than regular Americanism is right? Please chime in wise ones. Funny Guy okay too:shrug::ban:

Reactions: rowjimmytour

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
i dabble every once in a while after lunch instead of a cup of coffee. not sure how i feel about it but i was able to make a palatable drink with a little coconut milk and honey in it. will it replace my coffee - hells to the no

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
It’s expensive, the good stuff, and somewhat elaborate to prepare, though the flavor is good, I think, and the caffeine has much more of a slow burn that lasts longer than coffee or tea.

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
i dabble every once in a while after lunch instead of a cup of coffee. not sure how i feel about it but i was able to make a palatable drink with a little coconut milk and honey in it. will it replace my coffee - hells to the no
Might I suggest coconut milk and honey instead

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Yes, good stuff. Tastes like grass clippings but oddly satisfying and the caffeine effect is much more pleasant

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
My daughter drinks some very night, but cheapo stuff-

I prefer coffee, unless I'm eating Japanese food on a cold windy night.

ps I feel like there's a haiku hidden in above statement, I will leave to ther erBB poet laureates to find it.

TangTonic

Nep status
Feb 24, 2011
Yerba Mate.
This! And I mean drink it the proper way with mate (cup) and bombilla (straw) and hot water. The actual herb is referred to as Yerba and pronounced "sherba" in Argentina. My wife's family is Argentinean and when I have gone to to visit, its like a serious thing down there and Uruguay and some parts of Brazil I hear too.

We like the Taragui brand.

We always drink mate first in the morning and then follow with french press coffee. Gets ya going!

Reactions: grapedrink