Any SoCal shapers not dopey Trumpers?

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
Hank can be a grumpy dude. Go next door to Bob Mitsven... Fantastic shaper who can make any style magic boar. One of the nicest guys in the biz, and definitely smart enough not to tell you his politics.
Hank and Skip are "old" Friends from PB & Maynards dayz ...
Like Bob as well...
All three do a bang up job on shaping boards and getting them out there.
And btw ... Skippers coming up on "80" real soon.

20180810_155213 (1).jpg

Last edited:

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Have not kept up on this thread. Sure there was a lot of nonsense and others may have made the same points but at the end of the day people we choose to do commerce with are entitled to their own opinions and their own views. I don’t think we need to be see eye to eye on most things so long as they keep these things to themselves. It’s when people wear these views on their sleeves and broadcast their views publiclly which may be opposing views of my own that I may reconsider doing business with them. Case in point people like Greg Griffiin. When you’re operating a business with your name on it why not keep your politics to yourself and not alienate yourself?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Have not kept up on this thread. Sure there was a lot of nonsense and others may have made the same points but at the end of the day people we choose to do commerce with are entitled to their own opinions and their own views. I don’t think we need to be see eye to eye on most things so long as they keep these things to themselves. It’s when people wear these views on their sleeves and broadcast their views publiclly which may be opposing views of my own that I may reconsider doing business with them. Case in point people like Greg Griffiin. When you’re operating a business with your name on it why not keep your politics to yourself and not alienate yourself?
He is sooo thirsty and desperately seeks the attention.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Finally.

We were all waiting for a non-surfer's take on politics/ordering surfboards.

Thank you.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
If I were in the hospital I will admit that I would find great joy in a trampanzee like you changing my bedpan.
This doesn't surprise me.

Thinking of feces as a tool of spite or revenge is a sign of someone who isn't psychologically/emotionally healthy.

In other words, it's not normal to have those sorts of thoughts.

You've posted here before about your poor mental well-being, the fact that you're getting high too much, and desire to cure yourself by microdosing psychedelics, etc.

I would suggest seeking professional help.

Last edited:

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia
What if the sander was an anti-vaxxer?
I would be totally fine with the sander as an anti-vaxxer. I don't expect the whole world to agree with my ideologies, I just draw the line at the shaper whose name will be on the board. Part of the custom experience is a feeling of good karma.

You have your standards too, I believe you wouldn't ride a firewire out of principle. On a similar note, I have never and would never buy a cheap imported board, although I have in the past bought expensive imports.

• Haha
Reactions: Sharky and waxfoot

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I would be totally fine with the sander as an anti-vaxxer. I don't expect the whole world to agree with my ideologies, I just draw the line at the shaper whose name will be on the board. Part of the custom experience is a feeling of good karma.

You have your standards too, I believe you wouldn't ride a firewire out of principle. On a similar note, I have never and would never buy a cheap imported board, although I have in the past bought expensive imports.
What if the shaper is just a computer? What about the scrubber? The Laminator? The guy who sets the fin boxes?

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia
What if the shaper is just a computer? What about the scrubber? The Laminator? The guy who sets the fin boxes?
You mean computer shaper? My vaxxed shaper does use AKU. Yep totally fine with any vax position by the other workers as mentioned before.

As an aside I would also be fine with say purchasing an off the rack shape designed by a US Trump supporting shaper provided they weren't also anti vax. Trump wasn't anti vax, he was the commander of operation warp speed.

twinzerfan

Michael Peterson status
Oct 26, 2006
Floriduh
As a former competitor in the realm of surfboardiness, I never talked politics unless it was brought up - except maybe issues local to my business.

however, I have cancelled orders for materials or contract jobs if I found out said people were unethical/scammers, or plain old jerks.

spend your money wherever you want. That’s what makes a truly free market work - which any true conservative should support.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
I think you're only choice in a 100% made by him Mandala

Feeling of good karma. Got it.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: