Any of you submarine engineering experts care to weigh in?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I don't know how you found a photo of Guiliani where he looks like an actual human being but congrats.

If I was forced to go to the Louvre, that's exactly what I would take a picture of - cretins taking pictures of famous paintings instead of enjoying them with their eyeholes.

View attachment 157220
the worst is when you have to queue up behind these botards and you realize they aren't even looking at the art

you can get so close to these paintings and just dive in with your eyes

it's such a fkn wank

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Compounding interest is a big deal to the middle class person who started saving for retirement early.

If you want to rinse billionaires you should be looking at some of the loopholes used by hedge funds and the like. Maybe tax capital gains at the same rate as earned income.
Yeah, same difference.

That law is cray cray.

Richie Rich has spaz out attack when you say tax it like income.

Reactions: Mr Doof and afoaf

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Oh, yeah, I'm totally profiting off the corrupt system.

I got retirement and then I got 403bs.

I'm in the stoke market too collecting dividends.

I'm talking about the super wealthy.
Do you actually think a terrible idea like you just had would be only foisted on the "super wealthy?"

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
the worst is when you have to queue up behind these botards and you realize they aren't even looking at the art

it's such a fkn wank
Another subset of people who video concerts

Reactions: Swallow Tail

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Do you actually think a terrible idea like you just had would be only foisted on the "super wealthy?"
No, I think they [the super wealthy] will dodge that bullet.

They are going be okay.

Ironic note:

When my parents died suddenly, Bush had just passed some tax laws to help the rich and we ended up super benefiting from it with our inheritance.

We maxed out on cash. They died right before market crash to so we got top dollar for their house.

Thanks Rich people!

Thanks God!

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006

it's such a fkn wank
Or they look at the art for 1.2 seconds, take a selfie with the art behind them, and move on.
It's all about the gram.

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
IMG_3554.jpeg
I don't know how you found a photo of Guiliani where he looks like an actual human being but congrats.

If I was forced to go to the Louvre, that's exactly what I would take a picture of - cretins taking pictures of famous paintings instead of enjoying them with their eyeholes.

View attachment 157220
Starry night was on loan to British museum in London like 15 years ago. I’m no art fan but I stared at that painting sober for like 30 minutes. Awe struck. Eye effed the hell out of it. They had to ask me to leave as it was closing time. Any reproduction isn’t even close.

tonight’sreading to the youngest. Even he said dad, don’t go too deep.

Reactions: plasticbertrand

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009

it's such a fkn wank
I would like to do a performance art piece at the Louvre that would consist of Airdropping a shitty photo of a Mona Lisa painting to everyone's phone in the 50ft radius.

I'll call myself Bankcy.

1687834811540.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: $kully

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
View attachment 157320
Starry night was on loan to British museum in London like 15 years ago. I’m no art fan but I stared at that painting sober for like 30 minutes. Awe struck. Eye effed the hell out of it. They had to ask me to leave as it was closing time. Any reproduction isn’t even close.

tonight’sreading to the youngest. Even he said dad, don’t go too deep.
Green Wheat Field at the National Art Gallery is ENTHRALLING

They have Irises at the Getty here in L.A. and only a couple miles away at The Hammer they have Hospital at San Remy which was where he painted Irises

there are some great Monets in the same room at The Getty

such a privilege to be able to sit with works like that

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I would like to do a performance art piece at the Louvre that would consist of Airdropping a shitty photo of a Mona Lisa painting to everyone's phone in the 50ft radius.

I'll call myself Bankcy.

View attachment 157321
This plus simple-to-use filters/add-ons for the person in the photo and Mona Lisa. Rubenesque Mona Lisa. Furry Mona Lisa. Trucker hat Mona Lisa. Eyes bigger and any color. Maybe a rage-crying @afoaf Wojak in the corner?

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Funny what great art does to you.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
It's come to light that this submarine's hull was laid up with torroidally spun carbon fiber, impregnated with epoxy. It was an experiment. I could have told them that an all-woof fabric would fail.