Any of you foo's air fry ?

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I got the air fryer attachment for my instant pot (which I use often). I wasn't impressed. Too small and slow.

I prefer a wok for my frying and other duties.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I got the air fryer attachment for my instant pot (which I use often). I wasn't impressed. Too small and slow.

I prefer a wok for my frying and other duties.
Instant Pots are the classic “jack of all trades mater of none” devices. Outside of pressure cooking they suck. The slow cooker temperatures are either too low to reduce or they out a 30 minute timer at the higher temperature where it does reduce (at least with the version I bought)

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Doesn’t dry out? What brand and size? I did a cursory look into them and it would be useful for us. Microwaving a whole chicken doesn’t seem all that bright to me.

Anyone try fish?
Yes, do the Aussie pappillote method, ie wrapped in tin foil. Oils and spices inside.

comes out fluffy and steamy hot.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Instant Pots are the classic “jack of all trades mater of none” devices. Outside of pressure cooking they suck. The slow cooker temperatures are either too low to reduce or they out a 30 minute timer at the higher temperature where it does reduce (at least with the version I bought)
Yeah I only really use it as a pressure cooker and for that it is great. Rice, beans, collard greens, meats.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
they take up a lot of space but they definitely work. I kind of think if it like a microwave/toaster oven in 1. I’ve heard the more obnoxious in size the better air flow so the convection toaster ovens don’t quite do the part.

Wife loves to make broccoli in it. Light salt and pepper with a sprinkle of olive oil. Easy.

careful with the kid’s frozen stuff in there, you’ll find yourself face deep in a bag of perfectly crisp outside but not too hot inside pizza pockets at 1am, ask me how I know.

kawika

Michael Peterson status
Mar 25, 2003
Alaska/New Mexico/BCS, MX
I have an Air Fry setting on my oven, as well as a Convection Roast setting. They are distinctly different. The Air fry setting cooks quick, if placed on the middle oven rack. I've done homemade buffalo wings, air-fried baked taters and marinated veggies. All turned out well. Not necessarily healthier, but another option to avoid the mess of deep-frying...