Anti drowning modification for wetsuit shirt

Buoy_maker

OTF status
Feb 20, 2017
Myself and some people I know have almost drown in heavy surf because of getting my wetsuit short or rash guard pulled over my head and being filled with water. Have the people that design these never had that happen. I think it was more terrifying than any gnarly hold down I’ve ever had. Add a patch of material that drains in the front and back near the top so when it gets pulled over your head you at least have a chance to get some of the water out before you get ragdolled by the next wave.

Attachments

Reactions: santacruzin

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Myself and some people I know have almost drown in heavy surf because of getting my wetsuit short or rash guard pulled over my head and being filled with water. Have the people that design these never had that happen. I think it was more terrifying than any gnarly hold down I’ve ever had. Add a patch of material that drains in the front and back near the top so when it gets pulled over your head you at least have a chance to get some of the water out before you get ragdolled by the next wave.
I use the rashie from Xcel. It has a loop that you run your boardshorts string through before you tie them. When I go out in powerful surf I use this feature. Problem solved.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
You can’t start off an advert by misusing the word myself and then immediately follow it with the word drown instead of drowned and expect us to trust your invention.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Perhaps the ocean is telling you and your kook friends that you don't belong in those conditions.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Everybody does on the internets.
Well I know him. Surfed pretty large sharky NorCal spots with him. Travel to Indo with his brother. they both fish, dive, surf, boat. Travel for surf.

And you post about taking surf trips to trestles no? Pretty hard core you charger!

You are not that guy .
it’s funny to see you try and regulate someone who you don’t even know.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
I don’t disagree the idea sucks :roflmao:
just saying groms dad has no place trying to be some gatekeeper of charging. He needs to sit down.

the solution is to wear loose fitting ones that the ocean takes from you on big sets
that’s what I started doing after the dam hooded rashie that everyone swore was ideal tried to drown me at rifles.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
I have an anti-drowning modification called arms.

They work great. Never had a problem and they come with a lifetime warranty.

• Haha
Reactions: stringcheese

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Having your arms pinned over your head and a rash guard in your face preventing you from breathing while being rolled by sets is truly a unique pleasure.

1/7

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Well I know him. Surfed pretty large sharky NorCal spots with him. Travel to Indo with his brother. they both fish, dive, surf, boat. Travel for surf.

And you post about taking surf trips to trestles no? Pretty hard core you charger!

You are not that guy .
it’s funny to see you try and regulate someone who you don’t even know.
Brah don’t you know trestles is just like sunset and jersey is equivalent to pipe? You should know you’re talking to the big kahuna here :shameonyou: