And another one…

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
From your own link:

Singletary was charged in December with assault and kidnapping for allegedly attacking his girlfriend with a mini-sledgehammer and keeping her inside his apartment for over two hours, police said in a statement.

Why wasn't he in prison?

By the way, now that he has been apprehended for what is at least his second felony arrest, what punishment would you give him?

twinzerfan

Michael Peterson status
Oct 26, 2006
Floriduh
From your own link:

Singletary was charged in December with assault and kidnapping for allegedly attacking his girlfriend with a mini-sledgehammer and keeping her inside his apartment for over two hours, police said in a statement.

Why wasn't he in prison?
I don’t know, and I’m not defending him not being locked up.

the point is the quote about fear and paranoia

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
From your own link:

Why wasn't he in prison?
are you asking us or the prosecutor from bumfvk NC where this happened?

slipped_disc

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2019
@GromsDad under current Texas law, couldn’t this guy legally purchase a gun after five years of last felony?

I know that five years hasn’t passed in this case…. But curious if you see that as a problem generally speaking.

• Wow
Reactions: kidfury

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
The shootings reflect the consequences of a country with more civilian guns than people, according to the Small Arms Survey, and the toxic stew of fear, paranoia and distrust that influences so many and leads to violence.

THIS GUY IS DONE. TOO LATE TO PREVENT HIM FROM KILLING. LETS FOCUS ON STOPPING FUTURE KILLERS

twinzerfan

Michael Peterson status
Oct 26, 2006
Floriduh
We talking real life as in never leaves a prison alive or the sort of life sentence where he can be back on the street in seven years?
PS: Mental evaluation not needed. He can work out his mental issues with his cellmate.
the mental evaluation is not for his benefit

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
@GromsDad under current Texas law, couldn’t this guy legally purchase a gun after five years of last felony?

I know that five years hasn’t passed in this case…. But curious if you see that as a problem generally speaking.
Just looked that one up and the felon could not purchase a gun after five years. You should read up on these things before posting.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
From your own link:

Why wasn't he in prison?

By the way, now that he has been apprehended for what is at least his second felony arrest, what punishment would you give him?
you mean Trump?

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
From your own link:

Why wasn't he in prison?

Bail? You’ve heard of it?

I wouldn’t give him any punishment until he’s found guilty.

slipped_disc

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2019
  • Haha
Reactions: twinzerfan