Alpha Omega board review (Surfline)…

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Yesterday I showed this to Malcolm. He hadn't seen it. Overall he was pleased as you would expect. That board was cut in Australia with a file put together in my shop and then finished out by a ghost shaper. Malcolm thought that perhaps the side concave channels, which are put in by hand after the cut, were carried slightly too far forward. Which would perhaps account for sweet spot precision and more push needed issues. Would need to see the board in person to really get a handle on that.

I still have A/O #1 sitting in my racks. Malcom nailed it out of the gate. Sometimes I pull it out and think I should sell it. So far I can't do it.

Last edited:

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
The last time I had a go at The Holy Brothelhood of the most Distinguished Bonzer you started to cry, so I'll pass this one up.

• Haha
Reactions: jkb

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
The last time I had a go at The Holy Brothelhood of the most Distinguished Bonzer you started to cry, so I'll pass this one up.
Those were tears of mirth. Your input is ALWAYS entertaining.
(y)

What's the newest shaping spectacular from Kitty Dungeon Surfboards?

;)

Last edited:
  • Haha

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Agree with the review but he should have ridden AO with True Ames fiberglass twin set the fins recomended by Malcom:shaka: I still love my AO no plans on getting rid of her still plenty stocked on her speed:waving:

thekadvang

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 29, 2013
i think we're central
have AO and it is a really really good feeling board for a specific kind of wave

i have found as long as the wave has curve (even down to like knee high) it goes great, but does not like flat faced waves even if they are bigger; also with the hard rails and lots going on bottom wise not a great board if it is choppy

with that said the feelings and speed i have gotten out of this board in the right conditions are insane. SO much fun to high line and whip around.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Yesterday I showed this to Malcolm. He hadn't seen it. Overall he was pleased as you would expect. That board was cut in Australia with a file put together in my shop and then finished out by a ghost shaper. Malcolm thought that perhaps the side concave channels, which are put in by hand after the cut, were carried slightly too far forward. Which would perhaps account for sweet spot precision and more push needed issues. Would need to see the board in person to really get a handle on that.

I still have A/O #1 sitting in my racks. Malcom nailed it out of the gate. Sometimes I pull it out and think I should sell it. So far I can't do it.
I’ll buy it.

And you know I’ll take good care of it.

Clamsmasher

Michael Peterson status
Apr 22, 2013
Nar
I think Mike Psillakis scraped it at Rhino.

This one here...it made my dik move.

Reactions: Woke AF and Maz

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
have AO and it is a really really good feeling board for a specific kind of wave

i have found as long as the wave has curve (even down to like knee high) it goes great, but does not like flat faced waves even if they are bigger; also with the hard rails and lots going on bottom wise not a great board if it is choppy

with that said the feelings and speed i have gotten out of this board in the right conditions are insane. SO much fun to high line and whip around.
So, my issue with getting a good feel for Duffys old one is when/where I can usually surf, it’s either:
Onshore, choppy, soft, or the wave has serious flat-faced slow sections to navigate… or some combination. Only ridden it twice in non-ideal conditions. Keep waiting for AO-worthy waves. LOL
#iwanttobelieve

Last edited:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
So, my issue with getting a good feel for Duffys old one is when/where I can usually surf, it’s either:
Onshore, choppy, soft, or the wave has serious flat-faced slow sections to navigate… or some combination. Only ridden it twice in non-ideal conditions. Keep waiting for AO-worthy waves. LOL
#iwanttobelieve
Blacks :shrug:

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid

I don't want a twinnie, but that thing is hot!

Reactions: Clamsmasher

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site

Nose rocker + thinner forward section = ease of rippage