Aloha O’e, My Friend ~ MC / South Bay Thread

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
  • We lost Brian on January 28th to Cancer. He fought a great battle yet lost, in the end. Brian contributed mountains of photographs to the erBB over the years, mainly consisting of the South Bay areas of El Segundo, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach and the Palos Verdes area and on his travels to other surfing areas that he visited.
  • I bunked at his house in El Segundo a few times when visiting California on different occasions, shared breakfast, lunch and dinners with him and Robin his wife. I got to meet Brian the first time on the passing of another surf photographer of the South Bay Area, LeRoy Grannis, a very well known man within the early days of California's surfing history. Brian, like Le Roy were always recognized on the sandy shoreline, snapping off photos of amateur and pro surfers and posting photos in surf and ocean related magazines.
  • I'll miss, My Friend, and all of his querkie, funny sh!t. His devotion to his wife Robin within and outside of their home and the time he spent, always trying to better the hobby and craft that he enjoyed in photography and his love for the ocean and, in being a surfer.
Aloha O'e, My Friend.
I will miss You. :waving:

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'REST PEACE BRIAN McSTOTTS AENINO CHONE 000RE BY PAUo SORRY το HEAR OF THE PASSING OF BRIAN McSTOTTS THIS MORNING BRIAN WAS MIRA COSTA ALUM, DEWEY WEBER TEAM RIDER AND OUTSTANDING PHOTOGRAPHER. HE'LI BE MISSED.'

Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I love Aloha no!

I always read it like, "Fuck! I can't believe this happened!"

Which is how I feel when a close friend or family member moves on to the great beyond where all our ancestors go.

I know I'm mis-reading it but it's like when you mishear the lyrics of the song.

My best girl's step dad is getting ready to go.

It's very emotional.

Reactions: PPK96754

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
mc
Miki Dora status

Mar 31, 2004
frank nan owned the hibachi for many years....
a hibachi burger would keep me going out in the water on many summer days...
we used to party down in there on friday nights and in the 70s some people would be chopping up lines on the tables....
frank was a nice guy and he also opened another eatery on highland near rosecrans years later...
d and ob's or something like that....
might even still be there but i doubt frank runs it....
my stepfather used to own the appliance store....
south bay service and supply company on manhattan beach blvd....just up from the pier....
frank nan was a customer of my pops....
i remember delivering a washer and dryer....maybe a refrigerator to frank's home up near mira costa...
he had a beautiful home and gardens up above lococo's on sepulveda....
my dad's appliance store is now the coffee bean and tea leaf a few doors up from the kettle....
i used to keep my boards in the the back of pops' shop....ditch school and surf the pier...
later on i'd use my lunch break when working for the old man to escape the summertime heat and catch a few on the south side....good times indeed!

manhttan pier in the 70s:

FUN READ, GOING THRU SOME OF THE OLD POSTS ~ PHOTOS HAVE BEEN LOST, BUT HEY .. :applause2:

Firebird

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 5, 2010
OC
mc
Miki Dora status

Mar 31, 2004
frank nan owned the hibachi for many years....
a hibachi burger would keep me going out in the water on many summer days...
we used to party down in there on friday nights and in the 70s some people would be chopping up lines on the tables....
frank was a nice guy and he also opened another eatery on highland near rosecrans years later...
d and ob's or something like that....
might even still be there but i doubt frank runs it....
my stepfather used to own the appliance store....
south bay service and supply company on manhattan beach blvd....just up from the pier....
frank nan was a customer of my pops....
i remember delivering a washer and dryer....maybe a refrigerator to frank's home up near mira costa...
he had a beautiful home and gardens up above lococo's on sepulveda....
my dad's appliance store is now the coffee bean and tea leaf a few doors up from the kettle....
i used to keep my boards in the the back of pops' shop....ditch school and surf the pier...
later on i'd use my lunch break when working for the old man to escape the summertime heat and catch a few on the south side....good times indeed!

manhttan pier in the 70s:

FUN READ, GOING THRU SOME OF THE OLD POSTS ~ PHOTOS HAVE BEEN LOST, BUT HEY .. :applause2:
Hibatchi.
Some of the most important evenings of my life were spent there.
McShots was a rad dude.