Album Surfboards

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Getting horny for my XTR TM that should be shipping this week. On the order card I asked for red with minimal logos, then I asked to change it to blue so it’ll probably be purple that’s actually grey with an album retro rave logo.

Horny-bought these large twins to try too, although I love the upright NVS set in my Varial TM:

I was at xtr other day believe I saw your tm it was pink with gothic album logo on nose of deck pointing forward:shaka:

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
The rooster spur on those are scary AF.
I had those Alkali's with a 80/20 ish foil.

No thank you, feels of dragging kelp:toilet:
?
grey/white alkali are flat foil. slighty smaller than ta. mr template

wish we still had kelp to drag tho

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
Insanity swallow tail vs. Twinsman swallow.

Anyone?
Tough one to answer...especially the twin version

They have different foam distribution. The Insanity is narrower and longer. I feel the Insanity has a bit more performance with its curvier outline and slightly narrower tail. So far I tend to prefer quads in the Insanity. I had good surfs with the twin plus trailer, a bit looser and more pivot, but the quads give more speed, hold, and still turns well. I assume the Insanity Twin will have the fins farther back. I like the Insanity and it is a board that changed directions for me. I think Insanity Twin would be fun and would be curious about it, especially knowing more about the fin location (I would ask about this)!

With that said, I am enjoying the Bullet Twin which is more foiled, more performance, flattish rocker, splitting hairs with rockers amongst these boards. I had stellar surf on it this weekend in head high, waves that pitch up quickly on a rock reef. I tend to like a little more length for this type of wave, but didn't know it was going to be so good. Probably of one my better surfs on this wave, the Bullet Twin was catching waves with ease and handling the size. I am surprised the Bullet Twins are still lingering on the album website.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
The outline on the board in the beginning, as well as Josh's black one seem quite a bit different than what's being sold on the site right now. I think an insanity quad would go insane (in the pulled in, non wing outline)

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
i would be more interested in the Insanity Twin if it didn't have the wing. seems like direct overlap with the Twinsman, regardless of how different the foam flow is.
Wonder if the Twins work better with the wing? it seems many have them or bump if a twin, except if they are round tail

Last edited:

SurfMission

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 13, 2009
Matt brings you... The Freewing.

Description
The result of Matt and Jack Freestone collaborating over the last year. Designed as a twin trailer, but can also be ridden as a thruster. Good amount of entry rocker with some extra flip off the tail. Single concave through the center, transitioning to a mellow double through the fins and vee off the tail, making for fast and smooth rail to rail transition. Features a modern performance rail with a wing squash tail for maneuverability.

Now someone go YOLO one of these so we can get the real scoop. The ones on the site are too petite for me.

Sauce

OTF status
Oct 6, 2021
My wingless rp insanity twin is t!ts. It's small wave tuned (wider nose and tail) and probably 2-3liters more than necessary, but fug a crowd.

I just started figuring out it wants to be surfed a little more aggressively---not necessarily more spastic/more turns, but the harder you push thru turns the more the reward.

The twinsman looks so fun and i was on the fence between the 2, but that reduction in tail area from the wing made me nervous for true sh*t waves. Matt also said the small wave insanity (punksanity) was a little more in line with my approach---less vertical rippy, more carvey.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii

Description
The result of Matt and Jack Freestone collaborating over the last year. Designed as a twin trailer, but can also be ridden as a thruster. Good amount of entry rocker with some extra flip off the tail. Single concave through the center, transitioning to a mellow double through the fins and vee off the tail, making for fast and smooth rail to rail transition. Features a modern performance rail with a wing squash tail for maneuverability.

Now someone go YOLO one of these so we can get the real scoop. The ones on the site are too petite for me.
Not my proudest tug

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015

Description

who's gunna do it?!??

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
I still suspect it’s a cynical ploy so Jack can be photographed riding his new thruster set for futures in a Twinsman, instead of only album twins
I like how he used his thruster fins in the Disorder - made me consider them - haha!

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo

Description

Jack just posted five days ago that a new Disorder asym twin was his new fave. Disconnected marketing lesson 101.

Last edited: