Alaska Airlines pilot who shut off plane engine mid flight blames post-shroom psychosis...

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
You ingest illicit psychedelics to hallucinate and are accusing me of "old man yells at cloud." Wow. You know some people who had great experiences with drugs so you're frustrated with those who've had bad experiences like the pilot or people like me who point to lack of evidence for the benefit. Cool story. The FAA has rules about drug and alcohol use for good reason. I know a guy who killed himself flying after drinking. This guy is accused of trying to kill the whole plane. I know of another guy who went microdosing, went on a splatter spree, and is now in a wheelchair.

Seems like you only look at one side of the evidence. It's all good. You do you.
My favorite part is when you claim it’s others who only look at one side of an argument, claim to be the mental health experts and that it’s others who are frustrated :LOL:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
That guy didn't microdose, he was fully dosed.

Someone posted the video here before. It was crazy.

The cops really tried to be nice to him and talk him down.

Then he stole the Bodega Harbor Patrol guy's truck and tried to kill everyone.
I'm well aware. I lived up there when it happened. So it sounds like there are BIG PROBLEMS when the "patient" takes more than the recommended dose, but there is no recommended dose in this case b/c is there is no evidence base for prescribing it. Show me some double-blinded RCTs with pre-registered endpoints, follow-up long term safety data, FDA approval and then we can talk safety and efficacy.

SeaFoamGreen

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 10, 2009
NorOR
I went introverted and started examining my life. It was a positive experience because it helped me confront and understand a personal issue, but it wasn't "fun."
This. IME they can definitely make you get into your head, so you either have to be comfortable there or ready to get a little uncomfortable, and with the right mindset or guidance, can be beneficial. You are kind of forced to go there when you normally wouldn't and when you acknowledge whatever that might be, it may be a positive thing. That has been my experience and also helped me set some goals, mostly when I was younger. I can also see micro dosing being mood-enhancing, you know that fuzzy feeling and permagrin you get before you blast off. A natural alt to Zoloft or other antidepressants, perhaps? The different species do different things, the cubenzas (sp?) can be a bit more heady than asuresants (sp?) which are lighter yet more visual. While I have done my share, it's only fun once or twice a year on a backpacking trip these days, and went maybe a decade before cleaning out the cob webs once again.

Reactions: bluengreen

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I haven't looked at the Ketamine research stuff, but I will say this anecdotally.

I have titrated ketamine drips on chronic pain patients for sometimes 72 hours straight.

Many of these patients also have depression.

None of these patients have ever said anything about suddenly feeling like a new person after I've stopped their drip. In fact one talked of suicide. And I know of two patients that had received multiple ketamine infusions for chronic pain over past months that ended up committing suicide not long after.

More than a few times I've titrated to high enough levels where the patient starts to become fearful ("I am not feeling well, this does not feel good, I am feeling really weird and not in a good way,") etc. and we have to back off quick.

I don't know how to what degree they are dosing people for depression, but I have heard it's not enough to put someone into a k-hole (which is not fun by any account I've heard).

Thus I am rather skeptical.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
We've been over this but I doubt any mental health "help" would help. What they likely need are solutions for their problems. It's like California running ads on the radio for mental health resources now. We know Californians are losing their minds, but we really need the conditions causing us to lose our minds to be ameliorated rather than talking it over with a shrink.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Not a Boomer.

I like shrooming.

I've also seen people not take well to it.

This includes people who are psychonauts.

I also think the research I've seen for shrooms and depression is poorly constructed.

These things are not mutually exclusive.
Where are you getting them from?

Drainer never go me no H.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
That guy didn't microdose, he was fully dosed.

Someone posted the video here before. It was crazy.

The cops really tried to be nice to him and talk him down.

Then he stole the Bodega Harbor Patrol guy's truck and tried to kill everyone.
I think the cops are too nice.

Taze first.

Don't even talk about it.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
If he had to listen to that during the entirety of his shroom trip, this may explain some things.

Whatever happened to just taking some good ol' fashioned speed before flying the plane? Alert, stimulated, vibrant commentary, LA-HNL against jet stream in 4 hours, everyone wins! Just pull their clearance when they start seeing gremlins.
I did Ritalin and did a bunch of writing on my computer. Then I took some Norcos and drank.

IT was great.

I didn't try to bring down the plane either.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I used to live in an area with plenty of cow pastures.

And in Florida they are legal to possess.

Also people had grow kits.

That's because he didn't have any. He was trolling you.

Plus you would've been too scared.

You were afraid to even meet up for a jam session!
Are you practicing?

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
A kid at our HS took the mushrooms and then tried to break into the school gym on a Sunday bc he saw the Smurfs inside dancing in a circle and had to join them.

Drugs are dank

• Wow
Reactions: PJ