Air Travel

Belchfire1

Nep status
Jun 27, 2013
Encinitas
Who's doing it or planning on flying? I'm on the fence. I have a few friends that recently traveled and said lines were low and the planes were kinda crowded, saying it wasn't bad. I have a family trip planned in a few weeks flying from Ca to Ma and Pa. Not sure what to do. Thought about driving but FML

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
no where in the states Id want to travel rn thats not accesible by car but if international travel was doable rn - id sublet my apartment right this sec and hop on a flight to a cheaper country like el sal or nica and bide my time down there until this blows over or I get work, whichever came first.

Reactions: Subway

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
Flew Delta to SLC on the 4th and home on the 11th. Low crowds at the both airports and on flights. Everyone was wearing masks and there were plenty of hand sanitizer stations placed throughout the terminal. Seemed pretty safe and would do it again.

ringer

Tom Curren status
Aug 2, 2002
Huntington Beach, California
I flew from LAX to Seattle and back last weekend with my daughters. It was the most hassle-free flying experience ever in terms of crowds and traffic. You do have to wear a mask in the airport and on the plane. Planes don't generally do much of a beverage service. LAX didn't have pre-flight alcohol in the terminal, but Seattle had sit-down food and drink service. I have TSA Pre-check, and just walked up to the guy who looks at your license and pass and then was through security in one minute. I wish it was always like this, except for that Pandemic thing.... Bottom line, it's safe.

Reactions: john4surf

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
Wife and I are supposed to be headed to Yakutat in late August via Seattle/Anchorage.
We thought it would be cancelled but with a test and result within 72 hrs we can still go.
A little worried again, though, as the pandemic is ramping up again and its hard to guarantee a result within that time frame and Alaska may close down with 14 day quarantine.
The wife has sent one of her clients down to Cabo and Mainland 4 times over the last 4 weeks and he says it's a dream getting through the airports.

ringer

Tom Curren status
Aug 2, 2002
Wife and I are supposed to be headed to Yakutat in late August via Seattle/Anchorage.
We thought it would be cancelled but with a test and result within 72 hrs we can still go.
A little worried again, though, as the pandemic is ramping up again and its hard to guarantee a result within that time frame and Alaska may close down with 14 day quarantine.
The wife has sent one of her clients down to Cabo and Mainland 4 times over the last 4 weeks and he says it's a dream getting through the airports.
Are you flying on Alaska? I did so on Friday and their policy is to keep the middle seat open in each row. Such a comfortable flight/experience. I would not hesitate to fly right now, except to areas which require quarantine.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Are there special rules regarding testing to go to Alaska, or is that for all flights nowadays?

Actually thought about doing Alaska next summer, or at least a domestic rafting trip in Idaho or CO or something. Fookinhell this thing could drag on that long (or longer)

ringer

Tom Curren status
Aug 2, 2002
Are there special rules regarding testing to go to Alaska, or is that for all flights nowadays?

Actually thought about doing Alaska next summer, or at least a domestic rafting trip in Idaho or CO or something. Fookinhell this thing could drag on that long (or longer)
I could be wrong, but I think that Hawaii is currently the only state that requires a 14 day quarantine once you arrive there, which tends to cut down on your vacation time. Other states are wide open. Europe is closed to filthy Americans from America.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I could be wrong, but I think that Hawaii is currently the only state that requires a 14 day quarantine once you arrive there, which tends to cut down on your vacation time. Other states are wide open. Europe is closed to filthy Americans from America.
Yeah that's what I've heard. IIRC Greece, Turkey and a few Balkan countries are open for business #maga #winning #murka

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
Flew from San Diego to Sacramento on Fathers Day. My wife had flown there a month earlier for Mothers day and said it was completely dead so she wanted me to experience it. She agreed the crowds were up quote a bit by June compared to back in May.

Wear a face covering in the airport and on the plane the whole time, which is annoying, but it was certainly less people around and I never got sick so...

Reactions: CutnSnip

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Man if Barbados enacts that one year remote worker temp resident visa thing. I will kick puppies for one of those visas for the winter

• Haha
Reactions: john4surf

emmohl80

Nep status
Oct 17, 2010
My 12 yr old niece just flew out East from CA solo to visit her mom. She didn’t seem fazed by it.

Jul 7, 2020
USA
I flew from LAX to Seattle and back a weekend ago with my little girls. It was the most problem free flying experience ever as far as groups and traffic. You do need to wear a veil in the air terminal and on the plane. Planes don't by and large do a very remarkable drink administration. Remiss didn't have pre-flight liquor in the terminal, however Seattle had plunk down food and drink administration. I have TSA Pre-check, and just approached military phonetic alphabet the person who takes a gander at your permit and pass and afterward was through security in one moment. I wish it was consistently similar to this, with the exception of that Pandemic thing.... Primary concern, it's protected.

Last edited:

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location
I flew from LAX to Seattle and back last weekend with my daughters. It was the most hassle-free flying experience ever in terms of crowds and traffic. You do have to wear a mask in the airport and on the plane. Planes don't generally do much of a beverage service. LAX didn't have pre-flight alcohol in the terminal, but Seattle had sit-down food and drink service. I have TSA Pre-check, and just walked up to the guy who looks at your license and pass and then was through security in one minute. I wish it was always like this, except for that Pandemic thing.... Bottom line, it's safe.
I have a friend who has been to Alaska twice to go fish and has said the exact same thing. He is restricting his travel to places that aren't hot spots, which I think is smart. I really need to go to CA and grab some stuff from storage, move some more stuff in from an office, but I'm still just playing it safe.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I rejiggered summer plans because I didn't want to fly

my friend said the same thing....a total breeze, no one in airports, no one on plane

I'm rethinking it and considering going somewhere weird with the boys instead
of road tripping

Alaska actually sounds like a cool idea....

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
I’m flying out of Tijuana airport to Mazatlan in 2 weeks. Cardon with my 14 yr old. Wife is starting to freak but were in. Cardon reports multiple groups have come in and out no issues so far. It feels essential to me. I’ll report back. Hopefully

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
I rejiggered summer plans because I didn't want to fly

my friend said the same thing....a total breeze, no one in airports, no one on plane

I'm rethinking it and considering going somewhere weird with the boys instead
of road tripping

Alaska actually sounds like a cool idea....
We drove to alaska last summer. If you want to be isolated, it's not too hard along the alaskan hwy.