Aipa "Dark Twin"

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Hope you’re not judging the board off of the waves yesterday. No board would have felt good.
I'll keep an open mind. But every PU I've had has this similar dense weighty feeling to it. Its like this solid feeling. I guess a good example would be a wood bat vs. aluminum bat. The wood bat is heavier, denser, takes more strength, and a little different timing to swing vs. the aluminum bat that you can grab and swing no problem.

That's how the PU feels. Longer bottom turn. Different timing. Heavier. Denser. What I do like is when you paddle it gets going and maintains its momentum. Same as when you're riding on the wave. You don't really have to pump very much because its already carrying a lot of speed.

Reactions: jkb

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
You can schedule a demo day with DA if your looking to just try the tech.
I just saw that on their website. I think I'm gonna do that. Dark Arts demo setup is probably the best demo setup i've seen from a board company. I like how you can apply the money you spend on the demo to a purchase.

Reactions: trifish

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
surprised we haven't seen that since Tomo likes EPS and stringerless alt builds like XTR
He has a deal with his dad in regrading carbon. But if he really wanted to he could do his models in that tech. He already has actually. A Tomo in carbon would be insane!

Reactions: JDJ

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
He has a deal with his dad in regrading carbon. But if he really wanted to he could do his models in that tech. He already has actually. A Tomo in carbon would be insane!
Whats the point of a carbon deal with his dad tho, if no customers know it's an option for customs or it's not really available for public. Especially now that DA has gotten some visibility here, I bet his US customers would be into a carbon build. I'd be tempted.

Jul 15, 2008
Whats the point of a carbon deal with his dad tho, if no customers know it's an option for customs or it's not really available for public. Especially now that DA has gotten some visibility here, I bet his US customers would be into a carbon build. I'd be tempted.
I would also buy a Tomo in a carbon build. Right now, Firewire using futures in exclusive, and no XTR option, Tomo boards have been out of my scope in the last two years. It would be more expensive but would last longer than his EPS construction.