advice on flights to indo + INDO VISA INFO

Feb 15, 2002
London, Uk
Hi,

I'm on the Gold Coast of Australia at the moment, and I want to go to Indo. I've got a ticket to Singapore, but I could just as easily fly out of Oz.... does anyone have any advice about how I should go about getting a flight? Should I contact Garuda here in Oz and try to buy a flight... or should I go to Singapore and try to pick one up there?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions about the best way to go about getting a visa in advance (for two months) for indo? Should I try to get down to the Indonesian consulate in Sydney, or should I again wait until Singapore? Any advice much appreciated....

W

Indo Surf

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 2, 2004
Indonesia
Visit site
If you can change your S'Pore ticket to a Bali return ticket, that will be the best value. A Package Deal of return airfare plus a few nights hotel is cheaper than just the standard airfare alone. But if you're travelling onward (to USA?) then have a chat with the nearest Travel Agent to compare costs. A return S'Pore to Bali ticket is around US$230.

It's east to get a 60 DAY VISA in advance from the Sydney or Canberra Indo Consulate (if you're an Australian citizen - not sure about other nationalities). <a href="www.kbri-canberra.org.au/consular/visa/visa_tourist.htm" target="_blank">Indo Embassy Canberra</a>

Have a great trip! And check out the Kuta Karnival surfing contests at the end of September.