AccuWeather Claiming Supercharged Hurricane Season

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
  • Haha
Reactions: expotatonator
Feb 20, 2024
Who cares what these hypemachines claim?

Every year is now considered supercharged.

Every storm is now record breaking ("fifth largest ever!") :roflmao:

Hype hype click click.
100%

I do like following/learning about weather and its impacts, even if minor, but the hype is hard to stomach. I believe they took their cue from retail sales events. Every sale is the biggest. You don't want to miss it. If safety was their top priority they should worry about people becoming numb to their warnings.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Isn’t it usually the opposite when it comes to these wayyy out predictions?

probably sold some accuweather subscriptions, however.

Reactions: mundus

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Who cares what these hypemachines claim?

Every year is now considered supercharged.

Every storm is now record breaking ("fifth largest ever!") :roflmao:

Hype hype click click.
They said an El Nino was coming and it's pissing rain on California. Southern storm track coming through in Florida as well.
La Nina often means active season and like OWE said the Atlantic is **** warm out to sea.

I agree with you about the news covering individual storms but stop being a hater we're trying to score and not preferably not get clapped.

Reactions: Aruka and $kully

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I use Accuweather radar to see where it’s raining. The “animated” version goes back 1-1/2 hours and then “forecasts” the next 1-1/2 hours. I’ve verified their model always overstates the rain and snowfall predictions. I mean, I got curious and took screenshots of the predictions and then compared them to their real time radar readings an hour and a half later…always overstated.

So I would trust them when they say the water is anomalously warm. As for the hurricane season 4-5 months from now? I guess we’ll see.