About those wuhan biolab leak theories…

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
that's a really dumb thing to say and you know it.

all the scientific data so far refutes the lab leak hypothesis.
Yes, I’m sure all of you guys and the media would’ve refuted it with exactly the same amount of vigor and passion had the orange man not endorsed this theory :roflmao: :ROFLMAO: :roflmao: :ROFLMAO: :trout:

• Haha
Reactions: hal9000

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
"The studies were posted as preprints and are not peer reviewed, but scientists, biosecurity experts, journalists, and others are already intensely examining their details. “I have been brought closer to the zoonosis side with these preprints,” says Flo Débarre, an evolutionary biologist at the French national research agency, CNRS, who has followed the origin debate closely and not thrown her lot with either the natural-origin or the lab-leak camp. Evolutionary biologist William Hanage of Harvard University agrees these studies “will be taken as a blow” to the lab-leak hypothesis. “They substantially move the needle on the origins in the direction of the market,” Hanage says.

Skeptics of the natural origin theory maintain the market cluster could merely be a superspreader event touched off when a person infected with a lab-escaped coronavirus visited it. But Worobey thinks further data could make that contention even less tenable. A more transparent analysis of the market’s genetic sampling data, in particular, might identify exactly which species of animals sold there carried the virus."

Would have helped if the Chinese government had cooperated with the investigations. The fact that they were actively attempting to silence/stop independent analysis is more than a little suspicious.

Last edited:

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
you're making no sense.

don't go to politicians for your scientific information.

"We show the earliest known COVID-19 cases from December 2019, including those without reported direct links, were geographically centered on this market. "
~~~~~

"Science"? The suspect biolabs were "geographically centered on this market". Why would China have decided to place these labs so close to this Wuhan wet Market? The answer would be "plausible deniability".

We have not been able to specifically examine how COVID started, because China has denied unfettered access to the labs and to the market.

Reported before the coverup, several laboratory workers became ill.

Fauci's NIAID provided $millions in U.S. taxpayer grants through Peter Daszak's EcoHealth Alliance to this lab for gain-of-function research on coronaviruses. A gained-function coronavirus emerged from someplace within a mile of one of the labs.

Only humans have cellular ACE-2 receptors. COVID-19 specifically gains access through these receptors. No other known virus does this. There would be no reason for a random animal-based virus to have evolved-up this ability without training on a specific host which it could exploit, i.e. homo sapiens. COVID-19 only emerged in humans in late 2019.

There are three types of sites in COVID-19's RNA which gene-splicers use for splitting and re-splicing RNA into a virus. They were all invented in laboratories.

Last edited:

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
You're dodging.

Yes or No- would you, Skully, and the media gone to such lengths and with such passion to disprove the lab leak theory if it not weren't for the orange man's endorsement of it? Simple question.
either way I would follow the preponderance of scientific evidence and not what politicians say.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Only humans have cellular ACE-2 receptors. COVID-19 specifically gains access through these receptors. No other known virus does this. There would be no reason for a random animal-based virus to have evolved-up this ability without training on a specific host which it could exploit, i.e. homo sapiens. COVID-19 only emerged in humans in late 2019.
I thought there were more than a few mammals with ACE2 receptors.

Edit:

Didn't take long to find:

1659974735740.png

Edit 2:

This (click for link that shows zoomable image) that shows more mammals with same receptors...though humans still high on the list:1659974890146.png

Reactions: Aruka

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I start to wonder if we should even be making fun of squidley. Aren't certain people not ok to mock and/or tease?

1 I'm not make fun of anyone.

2 Someone says something that seems to me to be in error.

3 Look up some facts to back up my initial thoughts, if there are any.

4 Share results.

5 But I admit that I could unconsciously/inadvertantly be making fun of someone for not doing due diligence about possibly inflammatory statements.

Last edited:

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
I thought there were more than a few mammals with ACE2 receptors.

Edit:

Didn't take long to find:

View attachment 135466

Edit 2:

This (click for link that shows zoomable image) that shows more mammals with same receptors...though humans still high on the list:View attachment 135467

Why anyone would post a picture of text instead of posting the text is .....odd. The paper you posted says basically what the abstract text following your highlighted text says, that none of the animals shown in your post have ACE2 receptors matched with the COVID-19 spike protein. And all of the animals in your vaunted table have ACE-2 receptors with DNA which is not compatible with COVID-19 spike proteins. They all differ by the listed alleles.

Animals are capable of catching SARS-2 and SARS-1, but not as readily as humans catch SARS-2 because of its human-tailored spike proteins.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Why anyone would post a picture of text instead of posting the text is .....odd. The paper you posted says basically what the abstract text following your highlighted text says, that none of the animals shown in your post have ACE2 receptors matched with the COVID-19 spike protein. And all of the animals in your vaunted table have ACE-2 receptors with DNA which is not compatible with COVID-19 spike proteins. They all differ by the listed alleles.

Animals are capable of catching SARS-2 and SARS-1, but not as readily as humans catch SARS-2 because of its human-tailored spike proteins.

1 Posted link to zoomable image because full rez image doesn't display nicely in this format.

2 Posted link to zoomable image and posted screen shot to give idea (to those who don't want to click on link) of how many non-humans also have ACE2 receptors.

3 I do appreciate the term "vaunted' though I don't think I "praised or boasted about [the chart], especially in an excessive way". One person's post can be another persons boast, so fair play.

4 "And all of the animals in your vaunted table have ACE-2 receptors with DNA which is not compatible with COVID-19 spike proteins. They all differ by the listed alleles." Isn't this statement at odd with this part of the paper?
1659982675451.png

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Isn't this statement at odd with this part of the paper?

Now you're saying that one part of your paper conflicts with another part of your paper. Yes, an animal virus's RNA COULD mutate into a human-attacking form. So what? This virus came, as you and your communist buddies claim, without a human host to perform trial-and-error mutations on.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Now you're saying that one part of your paper conflicts with another part of your paper. Yes, an animal virus's RNA COULD mutate into a human-attacking form. So what? This virus came, as you and your communist buddies claim, without a human host to perform trial-and-error mutations on.
Your first claim:
"Only humans have cellular ACE-2 receptors. COVID-19 specifically gains access through these receptors. "

Other mammals have it too:

1660004280634.png

This underlined part specifically shows more than just humans have ACE2 receptors:

1660004589691.png

Then I posted a follow up with some images which led you to say, "And all of the animals in your vaunted table have ACE-2 receptors with DNA which is not compatible with COVID-19 spike proteins. They all differ by the listed alleles."

Since my molecular biology is poor and my general biology is so-so, I looked up allele:

1660005912495.png

Not in the first cut and pasting did I use is the term allele used. So am unsure why you bring up the term "alleles", especially since it doesn't seem to matter regards to humans...by the way, only this paragraph uses any iteration of the word 'allele':

1660006091585.png

So what about species that don't have a lot of ACE2 receptors like ferrets? CV-19 is a virus with more than one trick in the book...maybe this is a clue to how CV-19 came to its current form?

1660006385600.png