A thread about fishing.....just for the halibut.....

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
Went fishing today on my buddies badass Parker 25.
Ran about 60+ miles running and gunning and hit all the usual banks and hot spots.
Found some YFT under the ponies but couldn't get them to play.
Then ran off from there and found a killer paddy with no one else in sight but it was empty. Unbelievable! It should have been holding. It was a glorious kelp paddy but no love today.
Shortly after that between the 277 and the Avalon bank found working tern birds and breaking BFT but they were up and down so fast we just couldn't get on top of them.
Fun day out chasing but we came home with the helmet.
Still beats working. I'll take that goose egg anytime.
Good for you Keeno.
As the old saying goes.... If ya aint fishn', you just wishun:jamon:

Reactions: keenfish

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
Caught and released roughtail stingray.

View attachment 163635
WTF!o_O
Couple years back up at Yakutat we were out on the ocean fishing halibut and my buddy hooked what we thought was the mother of all flatties.
Took 1/2 hr to get it up to the boat.
Turned out to be the mother of all skates, farkn' thing was as wide as the boat, scared the $hit out of me.

• Wow
Reactions: mundus

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I saw that stingray pic make the rounds on Facebook yesterday. Do we think it’s real?

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
Nice fish. Congrats! Were you guys out at the 43?

I was out for 3 days on my buddies 50' Hatt. last Thur-Sat.

Started day 1 at 43 with everyone else. Landed two BFT on the spreader bar. A 30 and a 60.

Then went to SCI to anchor at Pyramid and loaded up on reds in the morning then headed to Tanner.

Weather was up out there a bit but fishable. Very few boats there but guess who was. We were right by BillyK and Grindmentality who were fishing the flyers under the kites. We were doing the same. They were getting tight but we struck out. That's fishing.

Headed into Cat Harbor for the night and made a nice tank full of Spanish for targeting lingcod in the AM. Struck out on lings then went chasing marlin out towards the Osborn and struck out there too. Life, dolphins, whales, birds everywhere. It was the zone so if we couldn't get it done there it wasn't going to happen.

It was a nice 3 days at sea except that we lost both heads the morning of the 2nd day and had to resort to the bucket. :foreheadslap:

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
yeah we were somewhere near the 43 and the corner. All day plunker bite for some of the meanest 25-40 lb YFT ever. Super fun. Went south the second day down to the 390 then back up to the butterfly to get away from people but despite good water it was dead. Fun trip. And I didn't have to drive and look for fish lol.

Reactions: keenfish

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
^^ We could have filled the hold with reds they were biting so good but had enough and were looking for bigger fish to fry.

The boat has a commercial vacuum sealer in the galley which was really nice. Everything got vacuum sealed.

The fish hold has it's own chipped ice maker and the ice just rolls out into the hold from that gray pipe thing you can see in the pic.

He also has electric reels that we were using for the deep drops and the spreader bar fished way back which was just hilarious. Just push the button and in comes a tuna or a gangion with heavy lead and rockfish.

I could get used to that. LOL.