A perfectly clear argument for vaccinations.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
As a whole, the data regarding life success by many metrics (educational/economic attainment, crime, etc) is better for kids who come from double parent households vs single parent households.

That said, there could certainly be overlapping co-factors and there are plenty of kids who will do just fine coming from single parent households.
"Life success" is as vague and subjective as claiming that black people are criminals by nature.

Still not racist, somehow. :unsure:

Last edited:

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Any innocent person that is in prison should be set free.
DUH. The problem is everyone in prison thinks they’re innocent. And those that are actually innocent rarely get their voices heard. Guy I know who was forced into a confession for murder took 19yrs to get anyone to listen to his appeals and walk away from a life sentence. And yes, he’s black.

DDBE2497-B107-41E8-8737-5381489E21B7.jpeg

He was compensated for his time served but can you really put a pricetag on 19yrs of your life?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Wait a minute here.

Back on Page 4, is Skully actually saying that non-blacks are simply let off when they commit a crime?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Wait a minute here.

Back on Page 4, is Skully actually saying that non-blacks are simply let off when they commit a crime?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Reactions: Ifallalot

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
DUH. The problem is everyone in prison thinks they’re innocent. And those that are actually innocent rarely get their voices heard. Guy I know who was forced into a confession for murder took 19yrs to get anyone to listen to his appeals and walk away from a life sentence. And yes, he’s black.

View attachment 113424

He was compensated for his time served but can you really put a pricetag on 19yrs of your life?
Stories like this make me sick to my stomach and should never happen but at the end of the day, even the most egregious anecdotes do not cancel out the statistics from extensive datasets.
positing a quantifiable fact does not refute the point about data collection and tracking being flawed

their is no funnel analysis possible because the criminal justice system purposely and overtly
prevents end-to-end tracking
Not dataset is perfect. We do not evaluate the safety of a new prescription drug by testing it on everyone. Everything is a sample that is hopefully sufficient enough to represent the whole. If we are going to use the "imperfect data" excuse, then you have to at least consider the fact that data regarding murders with white or asian victims and/or perps may not be perfect as well.

Even with the issues that you pointed out, which are certainly valid, the data flaws are not enough to overcome a 5-6x multiplier for murders committed relative to their population. I really don't understand why the Left dances around this issue so much, because if we can't discuss hard numbers, what can we discuss?

Now I am certainly not saying that black people are more likely to murder than whites. A lot of this can be traced back to slavery, redlining, economic isolation, etc. I'd imagine that there are similar trends with whites in poor neighborhoods.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER

View attachment 113424

He's got nothing on the white guy. 39 years.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Life success is subjective.

Measuring it only by those criteria is dumb.

Nuance.
No, you're willfully ignorant. Or dumb, or both. Setting aside income or whether someone got a PhD is one thing. However whether someone ends up in prison or not is pretty clear cut, as are some other indicators that directly correlate to quality of life.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
No, you're willfully ignorant. Or dumb, or both. Setting aside income or whether someone got a PhD is one thing. However whether someone ends up in prison or not is pretty clear cut, as are some other indicators that directly correlate to quality of life.
Such bullshit. You are ignoring million other variables and making false correlation that you cant back up with facts.

Crime rates have been dropping dramatically over the last 30 years, while the number of single parent families increased significantly.

If you were smart, you would look at other factors such as crack cocaine and the drug war turf disputes, the availability of guns, poverty and failing schools. Not even touching systemic discrimination and skewed justice system.

But no.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Such bullshit. You are ignoring million other variables and making false correlation that you cant back up with facts.

Crime rates have been dropping dramatically over the last 30 years, while the number of single parent families increased significantly.
Even the Atlantic disagrees with you:
"The bottom line is that there is a large body of literature showing that children of single mothers are more likely to commit crimes than children who grow up with their married parents. This is true not just in the United States, but wherever the issue has been researched. Few experts, including Cohen, dispute this. "

Almost everything is multivariate. If you are going to use that argument and dismiss all correlations outright, then you have to do that with everything.

If you were smart, you would look at other factors such as crack cocaine and the drug war turf disputes, the availability of guns, poverty and failing schools. Not even touching systemic discrimination and skewed justice system.

But no.
LOL, a few of comments of mine from this very thread in a related topic:

"In terms of disproportionate charges and convictions (for blacks), I imagine that a lot of that is from drugs and handguns, which could certainly be due to police practices."

in regards to why more murders are committed by blacks: " A lot of this can be traced back to slavery, redlining, economic isolation, etc."

And another comment of mine regarding single parenthood in my first reply to you:
"That said, there could certainly be overlapping co-factors and there are plenty of kids who will do just fine coming from single parent households."
So yeah- I touched on a lot of those exact issues, or issues closely related to them, in this exact thread you fookin idiot :trout:

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
indeed, been squatting on western style toilets for a long as I can rememeber

View attachment 113448
I hate the handicapped toilets all high up.

My colon is shy enough anyways to sh!t in a public shitter.

I bought a squat potty and my girl friend threw it in the back yard because it was all covered with urine.

She's a real pisser.

*see what I did there?

• Sad
Reactions: LifeOnMars